More X52 Madness

Crash

Due to getting a ms sidewinder I decided to use the joystick as a button bay.

stickmod2.jpg

stickmod1.jpg

and when I get the saitek pad fitted :)

stickmod3.jpg

I had to change the rudder pot as it was only a 45 degree so I used a 100Kohm 270 and now it works great.

It wasnt hard to do but halfway through the stripdown I knew that I couldnt put it back to original spec. :)

It looks suspiciously like a "Collective"!! :unsure:

You wouldn't happen to be having any impure thoughts about flying rotary now would you??? :sword:

Remember, if the wings fly faster than the fuselage, its probably trying to kill you. :laughing7:

Awesome work though, seriously. I use a game pad myself (never need the Keyboard unless its to type)

It looks suspiciously like a "Collective"!! :unsure:

You wouldn't happen to be having any impure thoughts about flying rotary now would you??? :sword:

Remember, if the wings fly faster than the fuselage, its probably trying to kill you. :laughing7:

Awesome work though, seriously. I use a game pad myself (never need the Keyboard unless its to type)

I have enough problems without trying helicopters :) however it does look like a collective and maybe if some wanted to they could use the rudder pot and work out how to connect the stick.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Nice mod. I take it that the X52 by itself didn't cut the mustard and that the old force feedback is still a better stick? I read someplace that the force feedback gets cancelled in you Alt Tab out of the sim for any reason.

I had (have) a logi 940 and it broke (I forget what happened) I missed the FFB when I went back to my X52 and a lot of dogz were saying how good the sidewinder was so I bought one on ebay. A guy on the 1C forum has put an X52 handle on a sidewinder and it makes me want to do that mod so if the buttons pack in I will get an X52Pro and use that :laughing7: