Want Some Advice With Regards To My Monitor...

fruitbat

• 2. Administrators

Well, today i had a massive scare.

I'd been moving some stuff around on my desk, including my monitor, which is a 15 month old 24 inch samsung monitor which i love, and turned my computer on, and nothing. the monitor refused to power up, and the led wasn't even on. Now after expelling several expletives, after checking all the cables, even checking the fuse, using a different cable, different socket, and nothing, i was pretty pissed. I remembered gettting a letter from DABS, the company i'd bought it off sending me a letter in jan saying would i like to extend the warrenty, as 12 months was up, which i'd never got around to doing, so thought i was buggered.

Anyway, i phoned up samsung just to see really, and spoke to a really helpfull bloke, who told me that i actually had 24 months on this product anyway (fuckin cheaky dabs, trying to sell me something i didn't need), and that they would organise a replacement within 2 days, and swap at my door, which is top notch in my opinion :thumbsu:

Anyways, to my dilema, About 5 hours later, after i'd moved everything around, and reconnected to my 17inc CRT, i just tried the 24inch again on a whim, and low and behold, it powered up again, and im using it right now to type this on.

Should i tell Samsung, or just replace it?

Either way, i don't want to have a monitor that refuses to power up from time to time, but i don't want them to turn around and say that i have to keep it now,

any advice appreciated,

fruitbat