So, the ubi site's been down all day

BSword

And several times in the last few days it's been down for long periods but I was able to get on eventually. I think someone needs to give Hammy the Hamster another kick up the backside! I am getting withdrawal symptoms from not getting my daily fix of endless pointless arguments about Bf-109 handling and Obama. :icon_cry:

• 2. Administrators

well its been 4 hours since i was last able to log on to ubi.

Its getting to stage where its most of the time i can't log on, and thats on the other computer in the house as well.

Yea, and I bought Silent Hunter 5 yesterday and it uses UBI.com for online activation. So, I cannot play a game that I paid $49 for even though I have everything I need. I hear that is the way they are going for all their games from now on as well. Great!

I purchased assassins creed 2 on friday and all has been tickety boo (touch wood) so far but I have had an email from ubisoft telling me that due to the f*ck ups they are giving me some free game stuff ^-^

I purchased assassins creed 2 on friday and all has been tickety boo (touch wood) so far but I have had an email from ubisoft telling me that due to the f*ck ups they are giving me some free game stuff ^-^

Patches from what I hear..

It's back up now but I will be closing it again for a short while to let Jedi go in and clean out the urinals.

I would theorise that mensrooms are usually cleaner than the ubizoo forum. At the least less bloodshed.

And BG, isn't cleaning the zoo under the purview of a moderator?

It was up most of yesterday and was up this morning but....guess what, it's down again! I just tried some other Ubi forums and they are down too, so I guess it is all across Ubiworld...hopefully this means that they are going to fix it but then again who knows...they are a French company after all. :icon_shaking2:

It would not surprise me if it turned out to be:

1. A server overload of the entire Ubi system, due to SH5 and AC2 requiring continuous broadband access.

2. A deliberate denial of service attack designed to bring the whole system down, in response to #1.

I won't purchase any product that requires me to have an internet connection 100% of the time. Just silly, that is.

AC2 is a fantastic game and a quantum leap from AC and I havent had any issues regarding the online all the time thing because I dont turn my router off unless its really necessary so its not that big an issue, I wont buy SH5 due the fact that there are only versions of the MK VII at launch which mean means DLC for other subs (I dont like the pay for addon stuff). Ubi are trying something different with copy protection and personally I dont see this system working for that much longer but what can you do?

They wouldnt use the same servers for the forums and the DRM would they?

They wouldnt use the same servers for the forums and the DRM would they?

Most likely not, but if someone's going after them, then they would probably go after everything. I think that a lot of people are miffed at Ubisoft these days.