Another Up Grade (suggestions)

Pooka

• 2. Administrators
Dunno if the quad core will make much difference in IL2

None I'm afraid m8, IL2 was written to run on single core machines, and it doesn't know how to take advantage of a multicore system. Your h/w though, that's a different matter. Multicore systems with 64-bit OS's can be very quick indeed, which will have a direct impact on startup & shutdown speeds, amongst other things. Just as an example, my rig running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit is 20% faster (via PassMark) than the same rig running Windows XP Pro 32-bit. That's quite a lot in my view and I've had no serious driver issues with my joystick, TIR etc etc etc.

Jabo

hum.. did not know you could assign a core to run IL2 specifically. I have an Intel® Core™ i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67 Ghz. I'll monitor this post to see if someone could tell me how to do this.

Thanks.

find this in your conf.ini

[rts]
;ProcessAffinityMask=1

and edit to

[rts]
ProcessAffinityMask=2

value 2 will cause your game to run on the second core. value 1 on the first one.

but there is still a lot of discussions about ProcessAffinity.

http://allaircraftarcade.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23104

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2673111/1.html

• 2. Administrators

There is another way to do this by setting the 'Affinity' of the process (in Task Manager) to run in one core. I have mine set up like this to run the IL2FB.exe on core 1 and TS on core 2