Toner and other bomber crew, help needed

delta7

My eyesight aint as good as it was and Im finding it hard to spot planes which makes things very hard for this old fighter jock. So Iv started to practice on bombers. I mainly use the Ju88 for blue or B-25 for red.

Iv got the hang, just about , of the bombsight and automatic drops but was wondering if you guys had any good tips. I usually drop from 5000m

Its a bit of a laugh at times, I usually manage to shoot down or cripple enemys with my sniper gunners but if I dont get shot down then I usually crash on landings so I need tips on surviving. In particular landing- they all seem very delicate and go

For bombing techniques I have learned everything I know from Thor's Bomber Manual V2. I suck @ Manual bomb drops. I love jumping into the gunners position and fighting off bandits, but you tend to die allot back there. The gunners are great for picking up bandits in full switch servers.

For landing(B-25) I turn Final @ 1000-1500' (500m) alt and put the throttle 25%(or less, I want to coast) from a good ways out. Point the nose at the start of the runway and adjust my pitch with trim. I almost fly the whole thing to the ground with elevator trim.

88 does not fly good below 200km/h. lend it @ 200, 190 minimum. prop pitch does not have big influence in lending. it's primary mission is to save fuel and to keep engine cooler on long level flights. it also can help when in high speed dive. prop pitch is much like gears in a car. when u go up hill u need to be in a first gear (0 prop pitch) when u drive level u can start shifting gears upwards. u gain speed, engine is running slower but it is in fact weaker. if u loose to much speed it wont pool any more so u have to reduce prop pitch. when u go down hill if u r in first gear u can't go fast cause the engine brakes but if u put it in third or forth gear it will go faster. same thing is with prop pitch.

sometimes people use prop pitch to reduce torque of the engine while landing

That was a trick response Delta.

Your elevator trim is your cruise control. Set your trim and the plane will fly hands off at that speed. Add throttle to climb, less throttle to descend.

Set trim to your landing speed, and adjust your touchdown point by adding or reducing throttle setting. You just need to keep the wings level with the stick.

Determine landing speed by the feel of the plane, when it starts to burble and shake or drop a wing, you're going a bit too slow. Add 5-10k by just a bit of nose down trim.

Some planes don't trim well till you have some(combat) flap down. The C-47 comes to mind as about the worst.

In the vault you will find an elevator trim video, it's huge to d/l but well worth the lessons.

Follow the guidelines there and I guarantee you will be landing like a pro.

And remember elevator trim controls speed