Only 'flying' Victor takes off

Sid

ARGGHH!!!

I click on your link, go to the Guardian website. It says the video is down below, so I scroll down and clink on the video and won't start, it says "Embedding disabled on request, go to YouTube to watch it". So I do go to YouTube only to get This video is private.

:riot:

I hope you don't think I'm having a pop at you Sid. ;)

p.s. Finally found a working link -> LAST FLIGHT OF THE VICTOR 2009

• 2. Administrators

Argghh indeed. The pilot described this afterwards as the most frightening 10 seconds of his career. Co-pilot failed to close the throttles at VR. A go-round was considered but abandoned given that more than half the runway length was remaining.

Touchdown on the grass too!

This happened a few months back. Incredibile that it's only making it's way into the mainstream media now.

Jabo

• 2. Administrators

The Victor is truly a fantastic looking thing, especially when you consider it's about sixty years old!

It's in the papers today because the CAA delivered their verdict on the incident yesterday - no-one blamed fortunately, first time I've agreed with that bunch in some time!

Jabo

I'm still not sure what us uptight Brits didn't do that would be considered normal in JP-land? Run about like headless chickens? Band together for a hearty rendition of "Nearer my god to thee"? Throw our sandwiches into the air? Please expound.

Confused, of Teignmouth. :dog:

Oh this is great US guys, our plan to get the Brits and Canucs to destroy each other is proceeding nicely. Then we can split up BG's kingdom and get all those neat air museums from the Brits. I got dibs on that neat garage Painless painted and this RAF flying rig.

And I discovered that the Canadians DO have heads that bobble up and down when they talk. It's gotta be true;, I saw it on South Park.