Connection problems

Sweper

AFAIK it makes no difference if you have more memory than 32bit Windows can handle as it just kind of ignores it, if the slowdown started after you got the new memory then its probable the stick is the issue. You might want to try taking the memory sticks out 1 at a time and see if that makes a difference.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

AFAIK it makes no difference if you have more memory than 32bit Windows can handle as it just kind of ignores it, if the slowdown started after you got the new memory then its probable the stick is the issue. You might want to try taking the memory sticks out 1 at a time and see if that makes a difference.

Well I just hosted two coops for him, vanilla IL2 and he joined easily from a previous install of an un-modded version.

So were pretty sure his game install is corrupt for some reason.

Thanks TOAD. I have just copied the config files and the user folder. So now it looks like it should, and no annoying german screaming commands.

I like to copy those .dll files also, that makes better and smother graphics, but forgot which they where. Have to search the forum, think it was FT or Perfesser whoo posted them?

I will start with running un-modded version first and see if that helps. I have not experienced any slow down in other apps after upgrading memory. I think some apps running a little bit faster then before. Specially when working with photos and cpu/ram using apps. Not much, but a little better perfomance.

Swep

Well I just hosted two coops for him, vanilla IL2 and he joined easily from a previous install of an un-modded version.

So were pretty sure his game install is corrupt for some reason.

Thanks TOAD. I have just copied the config files and the user folder. So now it looks like it should, and no annoying german screaming commands.

I like to copy those .dll files also, that makes better and smother graphics, but forgot which they where. Have to search the forum, think it was FT or Perfesser whoo posted them?

I will start with running un-modded version first and see if that helps. I have not experienced any slow down in other apps after upgrading memory. I think some apps running a little bit faster then before. Specially when working with photos and cpu/ram using apps. Not much, but a little better perfomance.

Swep

I did a mod check and this is what I found:

[attachment=1]

[attachment=2]

[attachment=3]

[attachment=4]

[attachment=5]

Could any of the "corrupt" files/mods have anything to do with my problem? What do I do next?

• 2. Administrators

Firstly, I would re-run the verification without 'Keep unknown mods, make them inactive' checked. This will ensure that no additional mods are floating around other than the standard AAA set. Once that's done, use the Fix option to download the appropriate files to fill gaps/correct corrupted files. Once fixed, run the verify again to ensure no other problems are there. Assuming that there aren't, try launching the game. If the second verify does find anything wrong, run the Fix again. Once you get a clean Verify, you should be good to go. If you need a hand, I can make myself available on TS this afternoon. Send me a PM if I can do anything here to help you.

Jabo

P.S. Alternatively, uninstall the game completely (remove folders etc) and reinstall. Obviously you will have to reinstall the mods as well as remapping your keys, but if ChkMods doesn't solve the problem (and it should) this is the only option left open.

• 2. Administrators

Firstly, I would re-run the verification without 'Keep unknown mods, make them inactive' checked. This will ensure that no additional mods are floating around other than the standard AAA set. Once that's done, use the Fix option to download the appropriate files to fill gaps/correct corrupted files. Once fixed, run the verify again to ensure no other problems are there. Assuming that there aren't, try launching the game. If the second verify does find anything wrong, run the Fix again. Once you get a clean Verify, you should be good to go. If you need a hand, I can make myself available on TS this afternoon. Send me a PM if I can do anything here to help you.

Jabo

P.S. Alternatively, uninstall the game completely (remove folders etc) and reinstall. Obviously you will have to reinstall the mods as well as remapping your keys, but if ChkMods doesn't solve the problem (and it should) this is the only option left open.

~S~ Jabo, thanks for your instructions. I did like you suggested and had to run verification and fix three times. Now the red square is empty and no issues could be found anymore. I have runned the game in both non modded and modded versions, and it seems to work. I dont know what have caused all this issues, as I only downloaded some skin-packs and a AI-mod, as far as I remember. Maby the AAA-pack had some faulty installation?

Swep

~S~ Jabo, thanks for your instructions. I did like you suggested and had to run verification and fix three times. Now the red square is empty and no issues could be found anymore. I have runned the game in both non modded and modded versions, and it seems to work. I dont know what have caused all this issues, as I only downloaded some skin-packs and a AI-mod, as far as I remember. Maby the AAA-pack had some faulty installation?

Swep

• 2. Administrators

Thanks Sweper, it's always a pleasure to assist where possible. You mentioned that ChkMods picked up 43 issues, but bear in mind that it treats each incorrect file as an issue, so even with a couple of non-standard mods, it's quite easy to get to that number of issues. It's possible that you had a fault with the original AAA installation, ISTR that there were some issues at the time with corrupted d/ls which were briefly a problem. Having taken Pooka's advice and cleared the net cache and skin download cache, I think you're good to go. I'll be online early this evening if you're still having problems.

Jabo

• 2. Administrators

Thanks Sweper, it's always a pleasure to assist where possible. You mentioned that ChkMods picked up 43 issues, but bear in mind that it treats each incorrect file as an issue, so even with a couple of non-standard mods, it's quite easy to get to that number of issues. It's possible that you had a fault with the original AAA installation, ISTR that there were some issues at the time with corrupted d/ls which were briefly a problem. Having taken Pooka's advice and cleared the net cache and skin download cache, I think you're good to go. I'll be online early this evening if you're still having problems.

Jabo

First test done yesterday on friar´s co-op´s. So far so good. No problems at all. It seems that I have to work saturday night and wount make it flying BG´s server and ubizoo co-op´s. That would be the big test.

Thanks all for your help. I really hope the problem is fixed (finger crossed).

~S~

Swep

First test done yesterday on friar´s co-op´s. So far so good. No problems at all. It seems that I have to work saturday night and wount make it flying BG´s server and ubizoo co-op´s. That would be the big test.

Thanks all for your help. I really hope the problem is fixed (finger crossed).

~S~

Swep