My TS has gone BS

Strider

Yea, same with each of two headset/mic's. I can hear my voice enunciating but with the strong static in the TS tester and the Windoz sound check wizard. Piss poor comm's to transmit---can't comm online except thru' chat---unacceptable.

Naturally, there's a time frame target to fly the final for AFS2 at Joint-Ops on Saturday, the Ubizoo co-ops and the DD Seow on Sunday.

I'll get 'er done with help from guys like you who are great to try to help me out.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Does your CD/DVD drive have a cable connecting directly to the Mobo (other than the IDE/SATA cable) ?

When you go into advanced sound properties (as per images below) what input devices show?

Make sure that Microphone is the selected input device. (you have probably already done this).

Audigy again:

2_52718b089182fd4b8c830d9efc88e739

2_5ea85db62f505a510f5aa079317ab81c

2_b6cebd1c6e696924f05ec2e9deabebdb

2_e37f856c1090f4279dfa20085fddb52b

2_19fef4204a0d1b3e677876113f772c40

• 1. DDz Quorum

Looking like this is a tough nut to crack.

The static could be caused by so many things, as it is an onboard device it may be more sensitive to cross talk from other components, it could also be a faulty component.

Sadly I cannot think of any other things to look at, you have tried drivers, checked your settings, proved it is not TS itself at fault, and confirmed all audio cables (including the CD/DVD drive audio cable if fitted) are secure and not routed past high EMF emittance devices such as the GPU..

As refitting the sound card appears to be a non-starter it looks as though you may have to explore the possibility of using a USB head set :(

LOL

I got the April fools joke when I hit reply.

Anyway, have a look at the TS settings under settings and options.

Try going from wave to direct sound and force 8 bit recording if that doesn't work.

Make sure the input and output say Soundmax. They may still be set to your sound card.

LOL April Fooled me. Good one !

Thanks, Perf. Tried all that, no joy.

Same result whether I connect thru the front or rear audio plug-ins. That kinda makes the loose connection theory less likely, no?

I have ordered a headset/mic 3.5mm dual jack to USB adaptor, should have it tomorrow. I already have 2 headsets, thought it should suffice. http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3981719&sku=S262-7008

I'll report back when recon is complete.

Problem solved, I think!

I found a small external sound card USB that converts onboard sound to 5.1. The headset jacks plug into the unit.

TS transmit is a little muddy but no static or squeals as before.

Interestingly enough, I was told before I got this card that my transmit wasn't too awful when just on TS but when I got in game, it was %$#@*%&%$#!

Thanks everyone for your input and help in this crisis

• 1. DDz Quorum

Interestingly enough, I was told before I got this card that my transmit wasn't too awful when just on TS but when I got in game, it was %$#@*%&%$#!

Err..but you still had the scratchy sound when testing outside of TS, and IL2 not running?

Otherwise that points the finger at your IL2 sound settings (which I had thought were ruled out as an issue?)..

Either way, good to hear you got a solution.