Just bought some cedar logs

Blairgowrie

Just bought some very nice cedar logs from a couple of real rough characters. I suspect they stole them from some farmer. Saves me a lot of work going into the swamp and risking my life. As soon as spring comes and the snow is gone, I will start sawing them. I already have orders for decking and tongue and groove cedar from a guy who wants to side his pool cabana. I paid $2,000 for the logs and will get back $5,000. I have also made a deal with them to come back in the spring and cut my cedar our of the swamp on a 50-50 basis.

Cedar-1.jpg

Cedar-2.jpg

Cedar-3-1.jpg

Cedar-4.jpg

:bg:

Why would you say they stole them? How much should all that wood normally cost?

I don't know which one is the most dodgy looking. The guy on the right looks like he's the type who would say, "Squeal little piggy!" And the one on the left... looks like he has 2 women locked up in his cellar.

Now you tell me they are really your relatives, eh?

I was hoping you might come along Bucky and pitch in with some comments.

I was very impressed with the quality of the logs and bought more than I really need to get started in the spring. The Consultants just finished doing a 10 year plan for me which has now been approved by the Ontario Forestry Commission. This is one of the requirements for the tax break and it is a win, win for all.

:bg:

Ok, I can't help it.....(cough). Every time I hear you Canadian guys have a conversation, I think of lumberjacks and Royal Canadian mounties.

"BG's a lumber jack and He's OK, he cuts down trees and he works all day......."

Oh, and I found this old film of BG performing with said mounties when he was much younger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9TGk71VZpY&NR=1

Give it a few seconds......

You can thank me later........ :whistle: