The Monkeys

Tribunus

Gentlemen,

In my humble opinion, the heart of the real economic problem in the U.S., is that the average worker has not gotten pay increases that have kept up with the REAL inflation (not the screwy inflation figures the government uses) for nearly 20 years.

Pay raises have simply not kept up with real inflation.

It's on everyones mind, Mate. The vast majority of us are middle class working men, and we are to a man feeling the pinch. I for one appreciate your insight, the monkey story is, while being hyper simplified, quite on target. The root cause of this mess is greed, and the rest of us (myself included) buying into the system that feeds it. Contrary to popular belief Jesus did not say that Money is the root of all Evil. He said "The loveof money is the root of all kinds of evil.

I know that we have had trouble talking about such subjects in the past, but I can't imagine why we should. I've found that this group is comprised of surprisingly passionate people of quite high intelligence, and as that combination is impossibly hard to find "out there". I'd really like to be able to discuss more that aircraft and tits here.

That being said, aircraft and tits at least get our minds off the rest of the crap. :tomcat: :bouncy:

I thought that Johnnie walker black was BG's drink of choice. Well certainly it is mine, along with quite dry martini (with a slight splash of whisky to make it a smoky). Both go well with Ac/Dc I may add (slight culture collision perhaps, but that's me)