Plane Preferences - Old, New, Don't Matter - POLL

DoubleTap

I'm curious...

What are people's overall feeling regarding plane choices?

The reason I ask is that I think that assuming I am not completely outmatched, I enjoy flying almost anything. Its not a matter of doing well or not, but rather the challenge and diversity of flying something unusual. For instance, I downloaded some missions based on the German invasion of Poland, and flew the P-11 (along with Roger) in Coops a couple of weeks ago. We were obviously outmatched (as were the Poles then), but it was interesting and fun to fly it all the same. The fact that it was based on the historical situation is a plus for me.

As it turns out, I don't know if we brought anyone down, but we did get hits on a few people, and had my shooting skills been a little better, I might have even scored a kill. In addition, me and Roger seemed to work together pretty well, mostly out of outright neccessity.

I am not touting this as a virtue, just as a explanation of what I find interesting, while understanding people have different preferences. Hell, I think the Poles would have preferred different planes in real life! And except maybe for an occassional foray, I do not enjoy being in a scenario with completely overwhelming odds. I am not that much of a masochist.

I am interested because when designing missions, I find I am drawn to some of the more obscure or at least earlier war scenarios. I strive to make them play balanced, while retaining some aspect of the historical situation. I guess what I am trying to gauge where people's preferences lie. I will always create missions I find interesting, but I would also like the ones for the group to appeal to the majority. I'm democratic like that. Anyway, vote and opine away...

I voted any plane, so long as not horrendously mismatched, but to be fair i prefer planes with nice new cockpits and decent graphics

thats why i dont like the P11 its got a cockpit that makes me retch

im so shallow! but it kills the immersion for me

ie. tempest cockpit v p11?

• 1. DDz Quorum

I voted any so long as it's an even match as that is my preference, however I do enjoy being the underdog too, as experienced with you Glenn in the P11, as there is nothing better for the ego than getting some spiffed up machine smoking with no more than pea shooters!

late war luftwaffe and late war spitfires are what light my fire- but Ill admit I enjoy flying different plane sets while on co-ops as I fly these on warclouds anyway.

I dont like unbalanced plane sets as I dont think these work well for co-ops , in a markedly inferior plane you would have to be very careful about choosing when to engage or wether to engage at all and we are all a bit tally -ho for that

Oh and I hate planes with carbs as I always conk out my engine :oops:

Not being a member of the squad, I didn’t vote. But I will offer an opinion…….

My favorite planes reflect my interest in the early to mid-war period; a time when the Allies fought their way back from the brink to total air superiority. Here are the planes and the scenarios I like to fly them in:

Hurricane I: Battle of France, Battle of Britain, Defense of Malta and the early stages of the North African campaign.

Spitfire I: Battle of France, Battle of Britain.

P-40B, E and F: Defense of Kunming, Rangoon and Port Moresby. The North African campaign.

P-38F: North Africa and Sicily.

F4U-1 and 1a: Battle of the Solomon Islands “The Slotâ€

Since I'm fairly new to this game and flying, I'm happy if the plane goes up in the air...just love to peak out of the window looking down my wing...

But the plane I love the most is the Spit IXe CW, just because it has a cool paintjob that I did myself.....:)

Back in my childhood, I build models of planes, and my preference was, I must admit, every plane the Germans flew/produced/blue printed but not build kinda planes....

The painting (no airbrush at that time) was the most consuming part of the building, especcially the (dutch word = patineren) grooming?....making the plane look used and stuff...

Since I'm fairly new to this game and flying, I'm happy if the plane goes up in the air...just love to peak out of the window looking down my wing...

But the plane I love the most is the Spit IXe CW, just because it has a cool paintjob that I did myself.....:)

Back in my childhood, I build models of planes, and my preference was, I must admit, every plane the Germans flew/produced/blue printed but not build kinda planes....

The painting (no airbrush at that time) was the most consuming part of the building, especcially the (dutch word = patineren) grooming?....making the plane look used and stuff...

In case you would like to know, we usually use "weathered" to describe a plane that is worn and chipped

I like anything with bombs.

lots and lots of bombs.

There are no fighter pilots down in hell

Cause its full of navigators, queers and bombadiers

Oh There are no fighter pilots down in hell

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I like anything with bombs.

lots and lots of bombs.

Cause its full of navigators, queers and bombadiers

Oh There are no fighter pilots down in hell

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I have that as an Mp3 somewhere if you want it.

yeas please - can you send it to me via e-mail ?

• 1. DDz Quorum

~S~ Gentlefolk, Auntie Glennda,

Just finnished second night shift, so pretty mellow headed !

Planes, yeh there smashing , mmmmmmmmmmmm planes, vroooooooom woooosh ratatatatatat !!

Anything will do. If theres a massive mis-match then the challenge changes from "KILL KILL" to "how do I survive this", right ??

I too would like that MP3 Waldo old bean , cheers M8 :D

~S~ "Paindress"