IL2 + 8800 GT Surprise

Fritzl,

If the official drivers are causing BSODs, then that's a big problem. Have you tried the NGO nVidia drivers?

http://www.ngohq.com/home.php?page=nvidia2

If they work fine, then try the new game DLLs - http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=2839

I'm not 100% on them exactly, but the new DLLs are just an update of the current IL-2 DLLs that improve the graphic quality. They will be included in the last patch, v.4.09, but the 1C:Maddox team are making them available now for testing.

As for using them with your system, I don't think it'll have much affect. As it sounds to me that what you are saying is that you've got hardware problems with the card's fan.

Does your PC work fine and then BSOD after a while on it's own accord? Or does it only BSOD when attempting to run IL-2?

the .dlls are optimised drivers for the game to run with graphics cards and dual processors

I use them in 4.08

I think they improve some graphical aspects, the runways do not shimmer , the shore lines are better and I think the contrast overall is bette rso I can spot the dots easier.

some card/processor/motherboards work better than others- its a case of trying them and see.

before using them do the following

rename the origonal files that are currently in your folder by putting in old e.g. il2_coreOLD.dll