DIY collective

Crash

I don't think it matters whether you fit the diodes on the row or column connections as long as they are round the right way.

As long as the columns and rows are defined properly in the sketch the Arduino should be OK. You don't want a column as an output being connected to a row which is also an output. Both inputs would not work but wouldn't do any harm.

Connection to your PC is via the USB so it should be safe enough.

The sketch. It is pretty straightforward. The biggest thing is setting the pins and ports to either input or output, but it is very logical.

There are tons of tutorials on the internet if you get stuck.

• Like 1

• 1. DDz Quorum
(..) should be OK. You don't want a column as an output being connected to a row which is also an output. Both inputs would not work but wouldn't do any harm.

The sketch. It is pretty straightforward. The biggest thing is setting the pins and ports to either input or output, but it is very logical. (...)

Hm... there's a number of words in there that makes me think it's all a bit .... sketchy - but what do I know!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, FoolTrottel said:
(..) should be OK. You don't want a column as an output being connected to a row which is also an output. Both inputs would not work but wouldn't do any harm.

The sketch. It is pretty straightforward. The biggest thing is setting the pins and ports to either input or output, but it is very logical. (...)

Hm... there's a number of words in there that makes me think it's all a bit .... sketchy - but what do I know!

I'm a sketchy guy, what can I say.😜

• Haha 1

Not much luck. Sketch is fine but 1 axis and 12 buttons have gone missing. Oh well I will take it apart tomorrow.

Z axis no show due to coding error Buttons probably due to power pin not in properly

All buttons and axis now show up :) and I have renamed the Arduino to Collective. I had to strip the box  so that I could do continuity tests as not all buttons were working as they should. I found a programming error but its now sorted. Should be finished next week.

• Like 2

All boxed up, tested and calibrated. I will update the build thread next week. I will have to move my seat over a bit to give some room for the controller and while I am at it I will clean and tidy up the cabling as it is a bit of a mess.