After checking out recent threads, I decided to list this...

Rattler

Neat things I've driven...

AVGP Cougar (and family)

Leopard 1

Leopard 2

Ferret

Coyote (Lav Recce veh.)

M1 and M1A1

M-60

M-113

Lynx

FV 432

Chieftain

Challenger 1

M-109 A2

many various jeeps and Hummers

more to come...

Neat things I've fired...

• 1. DDz Quorum
I have ridden a BSA Bantam

I seized a BSA Bantam when I was 15...well I got the blame for not buying 2 stroke from the right pump :icon_lol:

Bike belonged to a guy called Kevin Adams, lived two doors down and he and I played guitar/bass together.

He must have been better than me 'cos he ended up in Dexys Midnight Runners (known as 'Billy the Kid' then).

Fired SLR 7.62, SMG 9 mm: had a negligent discharge with on on a range one day when I failed to cock it correctly. Horrible moment that was having to raise my hand, from prone position, to say 'It was me'.

Fired the brit issue 9mm browning pistol too.

Drove through an impromptu German Police roadblock in a AFV 434 (tracked recovery vehicle) without stopping on the way to recover a bogged down Scammel recovery truck and a Scimitar also bogged down.

Once whilst driving down an Autobahn in same 434 saw a blue articulated lorry come alongside my left to over take, tracked vehicles have a tendency to drift due to unequal track lengths so constant adjustment is required.

tTapped the right tiller to correct drift to the left, looked in mirror and truck was dropping back. 'Odd' I thought.

40 miles later we took a break, pulled over into a rastplatz and did the usual walk around to make sure nothing had dropped of or was about to, noticed the armoured brackets down the left ahnd side were flattened and had blue paint on them...oops!

Adjusting direction whilst the lorry was coming by had caused the 439 to twitch it's back end out and hit the lorry. Must have made one hell of a mess of the lorry...but I didn't feel a thing!

We had a past time in Germany driving the AFVs, kerb stone flicking. If you clipped a kerb stone just right it would flick it out of it's foundations like a tiddly wink. Dangerous but a good point scheme :).

I agree Kelly but then Rattler has a problem with his masculinity and needs to play with some big gun stuff.

Mascooleeneety? What is this? I'd better ask my wife...

BTW: don't piss her off either - she's fired C7 rifle, C9 Minimi, up to C6 7.62mm GPMG, M 72 LAW antitank rockets, and trained on the Carl Gustav 84mm anti-tank recoiless gun! she's the one to be afraid of in the house!

OOO, OOO, OOO I love a good pissing contest :naka:, but alas I have already lost to Pete (and Natale :-\). The coolest thing I've driven was probably my '69 SS396 Chevelle (looked like shit- went like hell). I've fired quite a few guns, I had a Glock 19 I put over 10,000 rounds through (I was good with that thing!) I have a couple of Kimber '45s (The CDP I used to get a distinguished graduate rating in the ASAA basic course) I also have a Sig-Sauer 9mm and a Kel-tec 9 as well ( My wife has a Ruger .357) I've owned a couple of AR15s , had a Mini 14, still have a brace of 12 gauge shotguns (Nothing lets an intruder know how you feel like the sound of a 12 gauge slide) and I've had the chance to shoot all sorts of friend's guns (I think the Mac 10 was the most fun).

Coolest things I've driven?

A freinds old Buick with the 455-rocket under the hood. Very, very fast off the line.

My better half's modified 79 camaro Z-28. Not a quarter mile car, but a car that does over 160mph and can maintain it for a while.

Have shot lots of things, but no full auto yet.

Bad Aim's right a 12ga cambering can be a sobering sound normally, but especially so when it's cambering through a Kalashnikov action from an 8 round magazine. ;)

• 1. DDz Quorum

Cars from our youth, brings back fond memories of the "Muscle Car" era.

When I came back from Viet-Nam, saved all my pennies for 13 months

and bought a new 1969 Mustang 302.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Broke a torsion rod on a 914 in '80, doing a slalom in Germany, well technically it was a 'Driving Skills' test for insurance purposes (which meant there was at least one reversing section).

Great fun to drive, and I was glad it wasn't mine...sort of...

Nice Riley BG, my Dad was a Riley fan, IIRC it was the 1.25 he had, was a sad day when one of the big ends started to knock.

He drove it to a car dealer, let her cool down, then drove in and haggled a part exchange for a Ford Anglia estate.

When the dealer fired the Riley up she was whisper quiet...bet he cursed a day or two later when he found he'd bought a pup.

• 4 weeks later...