Flying in VR - re setting your view

Friar

• 1. DDz Quorum

Hello, Don't know if I am late to the party on this but I found this video this morning where you can set the default starting head position for when flying in VR on a plane by plane basis.

I have just made a few changes and it is great!

Where as before I was looking down on the seat back, I can now start where if I look around, it feels like I am in the seat! (the seat back is aligned to my shoulder).

Am I missing something here? 

I have 'center VR view' mapped to the hat switch on my joystick.  I used to have the same thing mapped for center TrackIr view - or something similar.

Whenever i spawn in a plane and want to move my head position I simply move my head and then hit center view on my hat switch and.....that's it:)

• 1. DDz Quorum

Thanks for the heads up Friar. I tend to do the same as Arthur and use centre VR view when I want to get a centre forward view. I am moving around in cockpit eg. leaning forward, looking around for instruments etc.  so i am not sure defining a custom position will gain anything. 

Glad ya found it Friar, it's been around since ROF, I use it and the other way mentioned by the others, just depends on the aircraft and what I'm wanting to view as a standard forward center.