Lucky Plane Spotters

Sweper

Bouncy bouncy. I don´t know if this one has been up earlier, found it when searching German aircraft. Looks more like a successful landing by me in any coop :)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2253449/Plane-spotting-enthusiasts-come-inches-death-military-aircraft-misses-runway.html

To be fair, I have been guilty of standing under the flight path of aircraft landing in the past, it is quite a buzz...

PapaBear and I had some great times many years ago at the end of Shannon Airport's runway, most notably when Concorde was doing its post-crash testing regime.

Back then there weren't the security restrictions there are now, but even so the aircraft touched down a fair way from where we were standing and there was a little hill on the threshold to protect us.

I must upload that video footage to YouTube one of these days, it's rather awesome!  :thumbsu:

That's a bunch of very very lucky idiots!

:rolleyes:

And, i'll resist the woman pilot jokes...

Not that dissimilar to people who gather at  Waddington's threshold by the looks of it.  Women pilots?  A very good friend of mine had a rather naughty air to ground missile fired at him and his colleagues by one of our female Harrier pilots not so many years ago.  Luckily she missed.  She also missed on the strafing run she did with her cannon before they could call her off. :rolleyes:  

• Like 1

A very good friend of mine had a rather naughty air to ground missile fired at him and his colleagues by one of our female Harrier pilots not so many years ago.  Luckily she missed.  She also missed on the strafing run she did with her cannon before they could call her off. :rolleyes:  

Holy crap! Was the report ever published? Bet it would make for interesting reading.