Connie Edwards Barn Sale - Video

BluBear

I believe this was mentioned here a little while ago, when the news first broke that Connie Edwards was finally selling the warbird contents of his Texas barns.

Here is a nice little article and a great accompanying video of the man himself and the time capsule of a collection that will allegedly soon be winging it's way to Europe, if you pardon the pun!

http://www.aopa.org/News-and-Video/All-News/2014/August/Pilot/f_talltale

• 1. DDz Quorum

They've been sold, happened in August, you can read the next article (if I could paste) by going to 

http://www.aopa.org/News-and-Video/All-News/2014/August/28/Battle-of-Britain-movie-airplanes-sold

Some went to England.  Maybe someone could link this to the article.

Edited by FoolTrottel
Fixed the link ...

• 2. Administrators

"An original Mark IX Spitfire that actually flew in the real Battle of Britain is the jewel of the fleet and will return to England."

Really - now that's amazing. Especially as that mark didn't go into service until late '42. Still another Mk9 is a good thing regardless. Thanks Pook.

• 2. Administrators

I'm not convinced Chris. If that's the title of the movie then surely there would be quotes around the title and it would say movie - I have to admit I did wonder but then put it down to over-enthusiastic reporting!

Let's face it, getting the type right is something of an achievement!

• 2. Administrators

Yeah I think I knew that plane was in the film but just the way the article was written referring to the 'real' Battle of Britain smacks of dodgy research. Not that it matters especially.

• 4 weeks later...