Adding Rumble

OverDhill

I saw the tutorial on adding rumble to the X52 stick. I am curios on how much this adds to the immersion of the game like IL2. I also wonder why some company has not designed a device like the Butt Kicker Gamer 2 that would attach to your chair and add a bit more rumble via the gamepad USB interface,

The question I have is when does the rumble take place and would something like the Butt Kicker Gamer 2 actually rumble at the same incidents? Since I have no experience with either I am not sure.

Is there anyone else that has added rumble to their cockpit setup?

• 1. DDz Quorum

Using one of these, bolted to a wooden chair (a homebuilt one).

The thing is connected to the bass output of a 5.1 speaker set, via a dedicated 100W amplifier ... works fine.

Feels good, adds something to the immersion. (Won't work for sure when I am using headphones for main sound, for sure...)

It rumbles on the low game sounds, so yes, on the guns, on the engines ... :) on big explosions...

(Sorry for the big image, couldn't find any smaller one... the real thing is about 14cm across...)

BR-25%20BASS-ROCKER.jpg

The only issues I've had was in the overheat department, if used too long, too loud, some woodburn can be smelt, and basically, a heated seat... next, the thing itself burnt out... no flames, just technically I mean.

(I have one spare left, for sure!)

• 1. DDz Quorum

It does make some noise, but no, it rumbles/shakes more than it makes noise.

It is designed to be bolted to furniture...

Basically, it is of the same construction of a normal speaker, but instead of it moving a piece of thin cloth/speaker-paper, it moves a big chunk of metal, and that movement creates the shakes...

I'd like to nominate this as the surreal thread of the year please!!

Is there anyone else that has added rumble to their cockpit setup?

I too have a way of simulating cockpit rumble and it does not  require any electronic trickery :P  :P :P  

It does make some noise, but no, it rumbles/shakes more than it makes noise.

It is designed to be bolted to furniture...

I am BIG laugh!! :thumbsu:

• Like 1