Warthog Stick Extention

Eshark

Here's a question for someone knowledgeable in joy stick axis responses. Iam thinking of having a stick extension made for my warthog now I want it to be 70 cm long making the total length 76 com when base is attached the stick would be in-between the legs giving some resemblance to the flight stick in real life. Now I know the stick wont centre correctly due to the weight but what sort of effect would it have on aircraft movement in game? Is it a bad idea ? or will it improve my sticks response ? All advice will be greatly received    

• 2. Administrators

Nothing about Dom needing a longer one? That's an opportunity missed...

I have nothing sensible to add to this thread so I shall get my coat...

Jabo

• 1. DDz Quorum

Because of the longer stick, you'd need to move it more to get the same deflection on the sensors...

So, it will get less sensitive.

So, you'd have to up the numbers in Hardware Setup, Input ... 

But, if you already have them at 100? Does it do 120?

Does that make sense?

What if you simply attach a stick or pipe of that length to the stick temporarily?

Then you can get the feel of it ;)

• 1. DDz Quorum

Strictly speaking Dom, a full length stick will give you better fine control and you won't need any form of exponential input shennaigans like the rest of us with short throw sticks. What are your numbers like at the moment (on your joystick curve I mean?)