Is It Possible To Use This Instead Of A Buttkicker Amp?

Crash

I was going to take a chance and get my butt kicker amp fixed but its going to cost £30 and it might not be fixable. I wondered if it was possible to use a car sub amp connected to the shaker unit off the kicker. I know it will need 12 volts but would it work? this is what I was looking at http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bass-Face-1500w-2-Ohm-MonoBlock-Car-Subwoofer-Power-Amplifier-Mono-Sub-Amp-/370609406366?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item564a0ac19e

• 1. DDz Quorum

It would only work if you can power it properly... and that will be an issue.

I don't think you can't run it off PC 12V, way too little amps.

(I know, I've tried it, with a 2x100W car amplifier... similar to the thing you linked to, though it was only Eur 20,=)

I ended up using this: Kampo Sub100A

But, I'm not using the same kicker you are using, I'm using a speaker-shaped-type-like-shaker...

Maybe if you use a car battery?

And charge it continuously?

Yeah, more stuff to buy ... :shaunhb:

• 1. DDz Quorum

Arthur, why is that not a good idea?

Me thinks for the low tones you need lots of energy, not continuously, but just to get it shaking...

Such a laptop like adapter is able to give a nice continuous load, but it will not be able to deliver the peaks you need.

I've tried to power that 2x100w amplifier with a normal PC power supply (not a really heavy one, but like about 400W) and it just wouldn't have anything of it... and me thinks a PSU like that has more than 2 Amps on the 12V lines....

To have a car battery on permanent charge in a house? Well.....it might be a good idea. Just depends on your tolerance to noxious gases produced by car batteries on charge indoors and/or the risk of fire and explosion associated with that.

@Crash; just make sure you have plenty of home and personal injury insurance cover or move the rig into the garden!

• 1. DDz Quorum

Maybe if you use a car battery?

And charge it continuously?

Yeah, more stuff to buy ... :shaunhb:

Lol, that is not a good idea. :sleepy3:

I wouldn't have a car battery in the house being charged under any circumstances - having one being charged continuously could cause many problems. If it's a lead/acid type there will be fumes present continuously and there is always the risk of overheating/running dry....

To have a car battery on permanent charge in a house? Well.....it might be a good idea. Just depends on your tolerance to noxious gases produced by car batteries on charge indoors and/or the risk of fire and explosion associated with that.

@Crash; just make sure you have plenty of home and personal injury insurance cover or move the rig into the garden!

Touche....

• 1. DDz Quorum

Hm, initially, I thought you could try that... but, have you seen the image in the manual, how to connect its power?

You have to connect it straight to the battery (well, via a Fuse of course). Not to any other power 'source' in the car...

I dunno... still highly doubt whether it would work...