Planetside 2 Anybody Play It?

T_O_A_D

http://www.planetside2.com/

One of the guys was all excited about it today.

So I'm checking it out to see if its worth a try.

Its free

Large Online following + he said like 2000 players at a time OMG the net code must be awsome!

Its a First Person Shooter , not some 3rd person strategy, it requires teamwork, and joining platoons is the way to go or start one.

He said you can go rogue but you'll just die LOL

Takes a strong machine, supposedly

I played with it for a short time. Kind of like Tribes on steroids. It is a massive world with a lot of options. You will need a fast machine and a good memory (you not the PC...hahaha)

So many games out there to play these days.

Been looking to maybe get into Freespace 2 Open since they really upped the graphics in the latest MOD and have TrackIR support. I am looking forward to Star Citizen (Wing Commander type done by the same guy). Will have a 3D cockpit amd awesome graphics.

I play BF3 and Medal Of Honor Warfighter some. Was getting bored with FPSers so that is why I got into flight. Always looking to start something that might be interesting.

Freespace 2 Open does look interesting and has a huge following. Suppose to be able to play online as well. Will be checking it out as is like a flight sim in space. There is also a Babylon 5 MOD for it as well.

OverDhill

I'm messing with FPS due to me soon not being able to work one leg as well for rudder pedals till I get healed up a bit.

I maxed out the settings and played it smooth as silk with my rig.

Just spent 4 hours kicking ass and getting it kicked in there. LOL

That looks interesting, we've been peaking at it too.

i play it from time to time. one do not have to think to much, so game like created just for me :D

it gets really intense when hundreds of players are storming one big building like throlls attacking castle in the Lord of the Ring movie.

Played it, runs ok, but in the air, like when manning a tailgun, there is a sort stutter at when scenery loads even playing off of an SSD on a fairly high end system.

i5 3570k @ 4.2Ghz

16GB RAM

180GB OCZ Agility 2 SSD

GTX 670 OC with 2GB DDR5

There's still some optimization that could be done I think and hopefully it will improve in time. On the ground everything is more or less buttery smooth so can't complain for a free game.

I'm currently hooked on it! LOVE IT! Really immersive. In our outfit, we regularly fill up a full platoon (48 players) and drop on a complex with 4 full Galaxies full of troops, it is awesome sauce. 40+ guys raining down from the sky must look intimidating for the defenders. Then the enemy zerg arrives and we defend for as long as we can before redeploying elsewhere.

I play NC on Woodman (EU). And NC are often the least favourite faction out of the 3 and out-numbered. But that just means we are always in a target rich enviroment. :P

I have 1 character slot left, let me know what server and faction you're on TOAD and I'll create a new toon and join in with you some time?

I have a half decent PC and can run with Max settings fine, although I turn them down for better performance.

Red faction? The TR (Terran Republic) are the faction in the Red+Black. Mine, the NC (New Conglomerate) are Blue+Yellow. Then the VS (Vanu Sovereignty) are Purple+Green.

Yeah, if TOAD gets hooked, maybe we could start a little DDogz outift together? ;)

I joined the NC last night, their story line falls more into my thinking. ;-) just went rogue on some US server. It was a lot of fun having so many players going at once.

I tried to pilot a aircraft but I did it with the joystick and it sucked, Road around top torrent on a tank several times it was a hoot.

I'll look into that server you mentioned GK

I don't know if you guys use them this way, but I like setting up my rudder pedals for movement left right sprint etc. I'm not as accurate with movement,s but its immersive.

I played it for a few weeks but uninstalled it just a few days ago as I needed disk space for other things.

I loved the Lightning tank with the HEAT turret, while as infantry I was an infiltrator 95% of the time. Sneaking into rear bases and ambushing and killing people cloaked is just awesome. Hack a terminal, spawn a Sunderer that your team can spawn at and you are a huge asset.

I played as Vanu, screw those nazis and communist hippies.