Day Trip To Glasgow Transport Museum

delta7

Being the school holidays I took the boys along to the new glasgow transport museum and I thought that some of the dogz might like to see some of the boys toys on display

One of the most impressive is the number of scale ships on display. These were made by the craftsmen who worked on the shipyards that the clyde used to be famous for and were outstanding. Most were 3 to 4 feet long, the hood was about 8ft in length !!!!!!

Bit of personal history as well as my grandfather was apprenticed to John Brown shipyards and worked there prior to joining shell and coming through to my hometown to start his family

The last photograph is of the charlotte dundas. This was the first commercial steam ship and was named after the inventors sponsors daughter. The earl of Dundas was the owner of most of the lands in the area I was born and my house was built on land sold by him at the turn of the 1900s

Also I used to have a triumph bonneville

DSCN1634.jpg

DSCN1640.jpg

DSCN1680.jpg

DSCN1643.jpg

DSCN1645.jpg

DSCN1646.jpg

DSCN1652.jpg

DSCN1655.jpg

DSCN1657.jpg

DSCN1658.jpg

DSCN1663.jpg

DSCN1673.jpg

DSCN1673.jpg

DSCN1677.jpg

DSCN1681.jpg

Looks like a fun day! I LOL'd at the Scooby Doo flying through the air, it's the same color as my wifes Forrester, last time I was under the thing it looked like she was doing some of that.

• 1. DDz Quorum

~S~ Dave,

Very nice models ! Joy of joys, you got a picture of the "Silver Jubilee Bonnie" :D I bought one of those in 1979, had it for about a year then it got stolen. The police caught the buggers and I got most of the parts back. Still have the chrome primary drive case in the loft somewhere.

Thanks for that blast from the past M8 ;)

~S~ Mick.

• 2. Administrators

There's some purdy pictures there Delta! And look! a twain that's not been destroyed by FT 15 seconds before I arrive!

There's a '69 Bonnie being restored in a garage not a mile from here - and very lovely it is too. If his Matchless is anything to go by, we're heading for another near-concourse quality restoration.

Jabo