Arrggggg - Tir Fooked - Best Place To Buy New One?

delta7

My TIR has died, it has been tempremental for a few months , like a loose wire and needed jiggled to connect properly , but tonight has given up the ghost. Anytime I plug it in I get the blue scren of death with usb error and the system crashes. cant boot up with it in either so it looks like its shorting out.

Any suggestions for where I can get a replacement for best price, really dont need this as graphics card is acting up as well and I may need to replace this soon

thanks

The only place that I even know that you can buy them is from the manufacturer. But maybe that has changed?

If you look around (or search) the internet, some sites have a $14 - $20 discount if you click their link. NaturalPoint has this one on their website for TIR5 & Pro Clip.

I just did a search and did find it on Amazon.com. But I have a feeling that the manufacture sets the price. Good luck shopping around.

Brace yourself Dave but it appears there is only one authorised UK supplier;

http://www.flightstore.co.uk/simulation-c8/track-ir-5-p2503

Just had a quick look on E-Bay and found this but not much else;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?MT_ID=1327&crlp=11799443045_1924481&tt_encode=raw&geo_id=21&keyword=site%3Aebay.fr+e+bay&clk_rvr_id=338902482425&_nkw=trackir+&_trksid=p5197.c0.m627

Careful of non-EU imports as they can attract vat and duty.

• 2. Administrators

If your feeling brave, you can get USB plugs and things from places like maplins, so if you can work out which wire goes where (there's only four), you could probably effect a repair. Worth trying before shelling out for a new camera bit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks mate, I have ordered a replacement, so hopefully it will arrive soon, its my birthday later on this month so thats it taken care of, the farrari will just have to wait another year ;)

I might get a spare usb and take it into the work and let the leccies have a look at it

• 2. Administrators

Would it be possible to make that wiring diagram available here Delta? That could prove very useful if anyone else has the same problem.

Jabo