The True Pioneers Of Military Aviation

BluBear

Yeah, fantastic video I hadn't seen before. That was exactly what I thought too Arthur when I saw that DR1. I don't think they climb that fast in ROF, but he's probably flying into a headwind which would explain a lot. Did you notice those shots of engine starts, love those rotary engines and did you see how fast he had to get his hand out of the way. All taken with a grain of salt of course because those old films don't always represent time accurately. The rails for reloading the Lewis gun are genius.

I'll tell you what else, those boy were some crazy ass seat of your pants flyers. You've got to be either brave or crazy to be pulling some of those moves in those wooden crates. I know what it's like though, it looks insane from the ground, but once you get up there the pure ecstasy and trill kind of take over your brain. I bet they had a blast practicing or just messing around. Now its another story if someone is shooting at you.