Going Large.

Painless

• 1. DDz Quorum

~S~ Chaps,

After long deliberations I have decided that over the next few years I'm going to build all of the major participants in the Battle of Britain in 32nd scale.

Made a start yesterday by purchasing the Revell Ju88 A-1, (great value at £40). Wingspan is 571mm so at least I can see the parts with my "old man's eyes" LOL

The cockpit detail is fantastic accounting for 125 parts !

Will be asking for a compressor and airbrush for Christmas. " Please Siobhan can I have a high pressure precision fluid squirting machine ? " :thumbsu:

I'll post pics of progress : ) It's great to return to a bit of serious modelling.

~S~ Painless.

• 1. DDz Quorum

~S~ Nick,

I had the same thought about the Defiant and the Do17. I wonder if any of the chaps have an idea ?

Storage.....mmmm I'm thinking that an attractive vertical display cabinet + at least 3 new summer dresses for Siobhan might be the only way to sell the idea :devil:

~S~ P.

• 2. Administrators

Yes, at least 3.

Ikea (other Scandanavian furniture retailers are available) do an upright cabinet with six shelves, solid doors on bottom half and glass doors for the top. I have one for my diecast planes (the boxes live below) and have fitted lights (also sold by Ikea) for illumination. The shelves are solid, but glass might be better. Here's my 1/32nd scale BBD in said cabinet.

post-406-0-05869300-1312644892_thumb.jpg

Jabo

P.S. Just had a quick look for Do-17 kits in 1/32nd. You might be out of luck here. 1/72nd - yes, 1/48th - yes but no 1/32nd.

Hmm, you are a little too far for shipping but I build a model display cabinet (I sell them for pretty much any hobby really) with glass sides and doors with 1/4" glass shelves which are adjustable. The bottom is enclosed as Jabo describes. Cherry, Oak, Hickory, Maple, Walnut...I even made one with Padauk once. I will have to dig up a picture for you one of these days. I also put lighting in them (along the corners). I have even built them into kitchens when a customeor wants something special for thier new kitchen (my main business is custom kitchens).

Yes indeed you cant beat a bit of serious modelling,done the 6th scale P51B mustang and Hurricane, going to send off for

the 1/4 scale Tiger moth drawings that should keep me going for a couple of years, not so bad on the old mans eyes.

will have to dig out some pics of the mustang and hurricane

Painless,

Good luck with this project and don't forget a lovely Bf-109!!! ;)

What compressor have you got your eye on? I recently bought this one -> http://shop.wiltec.i...cef580a89e8ce37

Good value for money with a tank fitted.

p.s. Here's a good deal on eBay for 2 airbrushes and a compressor -> http://www.ebay.co.u...=item5635b6fe82

I have both these airbrushes and the compressor is the same as mine, but without the air tank. So without the tank, your air-flow could pulsate slightly, due to the pistons of the compressor. A compressor with a tank can give you a constant/steady airflow. Probably only relevant to doing small delicate work. And since you're doing 32nd scale stuff, likely not an issue.

The airbrush on the right (bd-132) is better overall, since it's a gravity feed airbrush, but you could still use the suction feed airbrush for larger work, like base coating.

p.p.s. Ooh, here is a deal with exactly what I've got (but I bought them all separately, for a LOT more!) http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/COMPLETE-AIRBRUSH-KIT-AIRBRUSH-COMPRESSOR-TANK-/350446067151?pt=UK_Crafts_DrawingSupplies_EH&hash=item5198369dcf

• 1. DDz Quorum

~S~ Chaps,

Nick: BBD looks very nice in that cabinet : ) Something I might be able to afford.

GK: Thanks m8 some great ideas for Christmas there ! Cheers for the links. Bf109, Bf110, Ju87, Ju88, He111, Do17 ? got to build them all m8 :thumbsu:

PapaBear : Bloody hell, 6th scale, 1/4 scale !! Can you dig those pics out ?

PropNut : Sounds like an elegant solution to the model storage problem, do you have any pics ?

~S~ Painless

~S~ Nick,

I had the same thought about the Defiant and the Do17. I wonder if any of the chaps have an idea ?

Storage.....mmmm I'm thinking that an attractive vertical display cabinet + at least 3 new summer dresses for Siobhan might be the only way to sell the idea :devil:

~S~ P.

Should you but 3 new Summer dresses for Siobhan, do you really think you'll have any time left for modelling? Perhaps a nice Parka and ski pants? Or some salt peter? (for you I mean)