NEW DISCORD SERVER DETAILS - SIGN UP NOW - Dogz Members Only Private Thread ×

Patch 4.10 & Windows 7 X64 Problem

GreyKnight

~S~ Chaps,

I just installed a brand new, clean, installation of '46 on my Windows 7 x64. Fired it up immediately, with no alterations made (not even used the no-CD fix), and the game runs fine.

Then I patch it up to v4.10, fire up the game, and briefly get the splash screen pop up briefly, then nothing. Install patch v4.10.1 over the top and still same problem, game doesn't load.

Anyone got any help on this? FT? Gec? Jabo?

I tried the forum search, but it sucks!

GK

~S~ Chaps,

I just installed a brand new, clean, installation of '46 on my Windows 7 x64. Fired it up immediately, with no alterations made (not even used the no-CD fix), and the game runs fine.

Then I patch it up to v4.10, fire up the game, and briefly get the splash screen pop up briefly, then nothing. Install patch v4.10.1 over the top and still same problem, game doesn't load.

Anyone got any help on this? FT? Gec? Jabo?

GK

It sounds as if you may have missed a stage in the patching. Did you patch to 4.07m and test? Then 4.08m and test, followed by 4.09m and test? All before installing 4.10m.?

Also, where did you install 1l-2 46? It's best not to place it in Program Files at all; it needs to go in a separate folder called (e.g.) Games. Otherwise you may find Windows is preventing the patch data from writing to all parts of the game.

B

• 2. Administrators

Hi GK. IMO the 4.10.1 Megapatch available in the Vault is the way to go. Simply install a stock 4.07, then run the Megapatch and it'll patch your install straight to 4.10.1 without the need for any additional steps. I've tried it and it works brilliantly.

If you want further assistance, I'll be on TS tonight so hop on and we can work it through.

Jabo

• 1. DDz Quorum

GK

:(

I found this on page 1, using search term 'patch 4.10':

http://dangerdogz.com/forums/topic/8533-patch-4101/page__p__90813__hl__patch+game__fromsearch__1#entry90813

Good news is v3.2 of the software is out.

I'm backing up and testing the upgrade before I inflict treat you lot to it :D