Updated North American Release Date: July 19 2011 (Or 2012)

Personally, I'd wait it out. The delay is because neither IC or Ubisoft are prepared to release the thing as it is now to the wider US audience 'cos, frankly, it's a POS at the present time. While some of us old IL-2 fans who've been in since 2001 are prepared to cut the dev team a bit of slack to get things right, any new pilot will be rightfully angry at paying for such a bugfest.

Once I've finished my new pit and weird HOTAS setup I'll be focussing my enthusiasm onto Rise of Flight. I won't exactly be using my CloD disc as a coaster, but I'm not prepared to be an unpaid beta-tester for Maddox games. Maybe in a years time I'll check it out again.

B

Brando, I know that our RoF schedule does not fit for you but we have been flying some custom missions that I made. Would you like me to zip them up and upload them? You are welcome to try them out, give feedback, fix them, etc. ;)

Personally, I'd wait it out. The delay is because neither IC or Ubisoft are prepared to release the thing as it is now to the wider US audience 'cos, frankly, it's a POS at the present time. While some of us old IL-2 fans who've been in since 2001 are prepared to cut the dev team a bit of slack to get things right, any new pilot will be rightfully angry at paying for such a bugfest.

B

I agree with this. The North American Steam market is bigger than the rest of the world combined and if they release CoD as it is now they'd be overwhelmed by the avalanche of sh1t that would swiftly overwhelm them. I would imagine Ubisoft management must be considering their global reputation.

Pity though as I still think CoD has star potential when it's sorted. I firmly believe thats a "when" not an "if." Double pity as it means no North American guys in multi-player yet so for night-owls like me there's no-one online after 11p.m. gmt. Mind you, the last beta patch completely screwed multi-player for me anyway. Haven't had a chance to try the new official patch yet. Heres hoping................................................................................ :blink:

Steam updated their information on when this game will unlock, approximately 2 months, 5 days and 5 hours (EST). Get the feeling they are worried about consumer backlash in the US/Canada?

Dang ! I'm really tempted to cancell my preorder. I have preordered it on 2 Feb 11 and they are still pushing the release date back. I'm getting fed up. Anyways I'll wait. There is always RoF, FSX and riding the motorcycle. I will not preorder another sim ever.

MT

Steam updated their information on when this game will unlock, approximately 2 months, 5 days and 5 hours (EST). Get the feeling they are worried about consumer backlash in the US/Canada?

Dang ! I'm really tempted to cancell my preorder. I have preordered it on 2 Feb 11 and they are still pushing the release date back. I'm getting fed up. Anyways I'll wait. There is always RoF, FSX and riding the motorcycle. I will not preorder another sim ever.

MT

I'm quite against pre-orders for games, unless it is some form of very limited collectors edition. Games are not a scarce item, and therefore is not subject to effects of limited availability.

MT

Trooper; If you really want it now I believe you can obtain a legit, English language version now by doing this.

Get yourself a Steam account then go to this site; JustFlight

When you try to purchase you will get a message telling you to basically bugger off 'cause your in North America. Ignore it. Get the download code they give you and enter it via your Steam account and you'll be able to download from Steam.

MT

Trooper; If you really want it now I believe you can obtain a legit, English language version now by doing this.

Get yourself a Steam account then go to this site; JustFlight

When you try to purchase you will get a message telling you to basically bugger off 'cause your in North America. Ignore it. Get the download code they give you and enter it via your Steam account and you'll be able to download from Steam.

Thank You Arthur, I'll think about it.... from what I have heard so far, I think it is better for me to wait until it comes out with most of the bugs fixed. I think that's what I'll do.

MT

I can see your point about preorders but even knowing what I know now about the game I would still buy it without a second thought. I can also see the problems with new people buying it and giving up, getting angry etc. But personally, as a hooked and avid flight simmer, I really don't get the problem with being a beta tester - I just love it. Nobody is going to get a finished game any quicker but having it on my hard drive means I can try it out and play around with it. And lets face it - the stuff that works is absolutely brilliant. What does it really matter if there are issues when updates simply install themselves via steam automatically without problem. It is not like you have to order or buy the next version when it becomes available. Ok, maybe there was a little dishonesty about the state of the game on European release but I am still pleased to have shelled out the purchase price now and have a good prospect of it being put right sometime hopefully soon rather than the project being shelved, or worse, abandoned.

• 2. Administrators

:iagree:

I'm with Shadrach and don'f forget either that this is exactly the same complaint levelled at ROF when it originally came out with two aeroplanes and a host of niggles - mainly that it wouldn't run on anything remotely not 'top-end' and furthermore, the developers then chose to release the game again with the issues resolved thereby getting their beta testers (me included) to pay for it twice. Brilliant if you can get away with it (that said I will concede that the support for the game from that point on has been very good).

I believe we can be reasonably confident though that Oleg and co will not be following this path, so we can look forward to updates which will improve the playability of the game and as the community upgrade their machines over time (just as with the 'old' IL2) we will see faster frame rates and fewer glitches.

Jabo

Even though the game has its fair share of bugs, it is very enjoyable. I would recommend buying it, if just to appreciate it more when it is "finished". Remember, the devs need input to be able to fix things.

• 1. DDz Quorum

I've made two purchases from Just Flight, all very easy to follow and set up. On the second purchase of CoD for a friend computer I even received a discount on some points I earned from the first purchase, about 5$ off.

Brando, I know that our RoF schedule does not fit for you but we have been flying some custom missions that I made. Would you like me to zip them up and upload them? You are welcome to try them out, give feedback, fix them, etc. ;)

PropNut, m8, I'd be really glad of some missions to try out. I've been stuck in limbo for the last 6 months or so, weighed down with family issues, but the fog is clearing and I'm looking forward to getting back into the virtual skies! Your offer is gratefully accepted and it'll be a good way for me to get into the mission-builder side of things. I have heaps of literature regarding the aerial combat of the era and so on: I expect I shall eventually be able to knock out a few scenarios myself. :)

Re: CloD.

Don't get me wrong. I'm really hoping that the team pull this one out of the hole it's in. I do feel, however, that having paid almost £50 for a "Collector's Edition" that turned out to be a badly printed, un-hemmed dish rag and a couple of sets of notes, that I'm entitled to be a bit pissed off. The DVD is of no value at all - except as a coaster - and I feel conned by Ubisoft. So I'll postpone my desire to fly a Spit over the Channel a bit longer and go for a spot of wind in the wires.

See you up there.

B

• 2. Administrators

Ah, now the 'Collectors Edition', yes, that's a whole different kettle of fish. Customers back in the motherland seem to have done slightly better than the rest of us...

I like having the disc though - next time it all goes belly-up, I won't need to download it all first.

Jabo