What A Beautiful Wedding!

Blairgowrie

• 2. Administrators

umm, no it wasn't!

America was never part of Britain, it was a colony of the British empire.

The war of Independence can be called many things, but a civil war is not one of them, technically speaking. :icon_study:

• 1. DDz Quorum

Guys.

This was about the appraisal of a wedding.

Not an invitation to debate politics and history.

The former we avoid (along with religion due to possibility of falling out) and the latter is usually related to WW2 or WW1 ;)

Let's keep it on topic please :)

umm, no it wasn't!

America was never part of Britain, it was a colony of the British empire.

The war of Independence can be called many things, but a civil war is not one of them, technically speaking. :icon_study:

Really, that's funny cause weren't many the colonist originally British citizens? They don't have to be on the same land mass. The British controlled the region and the colonist wanted independence from being under the English umbrella. That's like saying the American civil war wasn't a civil war because it was fought between states. The states probably had more independence from one another then the colonist did from Britain.

"The war of American independence could be summed up as a civil war fought on foreign soil, as opposing forces comprised both nations' residents." http://familyhistory101.com/revolutionarywar.html

"Many families, of course, were united. Fractured families were, however, at times part of the civil war aspect of the revolution-father against son, brother against brother, sister against sister, and husband against wife." http://www.nps.gov/cowp/historyculture/fractured-families.htm

I'm going to leave it at that as this is obviously irritating the thread.

Dam it William that Fecker of a brother of yours Farted again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Philippa-Middleton-and-Pr-0071.jpg

I only just saw high lights of it on the TV, I quite enjoyed the flyby!

It looked like all of Britain showed up for it.

So own up Dogz who was actually there cheering them on?

Sure we all know your misses made ya, or did she :laughing7:

Oh just a quickie,

As it tirnedout they came here to kill Injuns!!!!

Actually, perhaps as my caption my seem a bit crude I should expand a little for the overseas Dogz who may not be up to speed with the HRHs. Both the Royal lads have earnt thier helicopter pilots licenses. Now I am not sure about Harry but it was certainly discovered that Wills had, on at least one occasion, appropriated a fair few million quids worth of military hardware and used it to hop off to a private engagement - namely a late night party in the country. When our eager news hounds enquired at the MoD if this might be true the top brass said 'Oh well, that was a useful operational excersise, wasn't it?' I don't think your average helicopter jock would escape so lightly.