Dogz - North American Evening Flying

Gothkrieger

I am on my computer most evenings, starting at about 9:00 pm Mountain Standard Time or 03:00 GMT Dogz Time. Now I know that is not a good time for those in Europe but then you guys fly way to early in my day to join in other than on weekends. So for those on this side of the pond, when my time is not too late already……………

Now I don’t have an account with a server or anything like that so its not like I will be hosting anything but I notice on Hyperlobby there are many choices that have very similar settings to the Dogz Co-ops. Some of these sites (for lack of a better word on my part) are empty of anyone, sometimes they have a few Bots flying around etc. Anyway, it’s a meeting place that can be made use of and I am sure I am not the first to suggest this. Another option would be to get on a dogfight site and fly as a flight or team etc. as opposed to singly, much like in Dogz Co-op but scaled down in scope etc.

Just a thought. If possible instead of just going at each others throats I would like to use it as a chance to learn from those with more experience, either going thru the paces, chasing Bots or getting in on dogfights but trying to work together.

Would also have to be hooked up Teamspeak otherwise its impossible to accomplish main goal on my part. Pretty hard to co-op or correct and instruct without it.

Anyway just floating this out there, some may have a better idea, that’s fine, I am game.

I usually check the Dogz site a few time a day as puter is on webpage most of my work day, I glance at it once in a while, easy place to get a hold of me is to PM me there, or my email is truenorthprinting@yahoo.ca

So if you think you would be free sone evenings, just get in touch, we can hopefully work something out time wise etc. and go from there.

Hey Goth!

IMO 9pm MST is kind of late. Most Dogs are finishing it up around 11pm EST (9pm MST). But those guys who actually live out west will have to speak for themselves. I am known as an earlybird here anyway.. :laughing7: So, if you can get on earlier, I think that will be better.

For servers, Toad used to have a server running 24/7 for the Dogz, but I have not been on it in a while, so I don't know if he still keeps it up.

I personally have several training missions for formation flying, bombing, and dogfighting. So, if you can get on at an earlier time I would be happy to help you with some of that. I am not the greatest dogfighter, but I can fly formation pretty well, and bomb well also. PM me if you are interested and I can host... :thumbsu:

Snacko

Your time suits me just fine...

As you know I'm one of the few "Out West" DDz.

I'm all for improving skills\practice etc.

I have teamspeak and can host,....BUT I'm still trying to get my new rig config'd to do all this.

Once my rig is ready I'll be more than happy to do some flyin' ..Western Style...lol

B.

Hey Goth,

Your hyperlobby idea is a fun one. back in the day when I could fly (pre-dad/pre-wife), I would often try to gather a few Dogz together as a pack and fly as a squad on HL. This is good fun. I would just post under the missions section in the forum I was hanging on HL and people would start to show on TS.

The UKded servers are friendly and mission oriented maps.

I am also Mountain time like you but am a early bird like Snacko.

Welcom to the Dogz if I haven't already sniffed you :blink:

Sounds good to me. I have been frequenting the Hyperlobby scene lately just to get in some quick and intense furballs with some breathers. Skies of Valor and Warclouds are both pretty good servers I've joined a few times. There is a Dangerdogz group on Steam but apparently it is invite only and they are only handing out invites to select people as I never got one. I have steam load automatically when Winblows starts so I can see which of my so called "friends" is online even before all this COD nonsense. It's pretty light weight and doesn't seem to bog my system down. As I'm not always hanging around in TS when I'm online it might be a good idea to jump on the bandwagon so we can all shoot each other quick PMs without being in a full blown chat room. I should be on tomorrow night (Saturday) after the Ubizoo. Speaking of which, I don't remember if you said the time was out of your schedule but it would be great if you could fly the zoo with us starting at about 2:30 pm EST. If not I'll be hanging out afterward from about 6 pm EST till whenever so if you get online well hook up for sure. I'm sure a few other lurkers will pop in throughout the night. Looking forward to helping you learn all my bad habits and uncanny ability to drive people insane with my mindless babbling. :tongue8:

P.S. I only wrote this to get my post count up.

I'm not going to the trouble of building a newer version of the server till after UP gets updated.

I had it at 4.09 and everyone moved over to 4.10 and newer.

So I took it down, and with every thing changing so fast as it did, I just didn't have the time to involve that much work for so many changes.

With my work schedule, since the first of the year.

• 2. Administrators

Erm, not quite Mayhem, the DDz Steam group is indeed invite only, but only to prevent people outside the DDz from joining willy-nilly. What I said in the post announcing it was if you let me know your Steam ID I will send you an invite. The more the merrier!

Jabo