Wild Ride In Moscow

Snacko

Not wanting to get banned or anything but I detest these kind of arseholes! I'm obviously biased, having lost my right arm to an equally stupid, arrogant bastard - but there's really no excuse for such blatantly anti-social behaviour on any public road. If I was a cop I'd think nothing of deploying a Stinger* and to hell with the consequences. (* That's the spiked tyre-deflater Stinger, not the missile, though either would do).

Did anyone else notice that this gratuitous exhibitionism was going down in Moscow? On a purely selfish note I was thinking how any of the cars could have held Oleg Maddox and his family, and how fine the line between life and death is out on the road. Anyone who pushes that line for purely egotistical reasons like this is just scum in my book. :thumbsd:

*rant over

B

P.S. I actually love motorcycling. I rode since age 16 and continued even after the collision that messed me up. I quit about five years ago after 40 years of two and three wheeled enjoyment. If it hadn't been for the unthinking stupidity of another biker like the guy in the film I'd probably still be riding now.

*sigh*

Another Ghostrider wannabe. Search for Ghostrider on YouTube and you'll see where all these people get their inspiration.

Yeah, I've seen a few of the Ghostrider flicks. Whilst clearly a certifiable nutjob, he certainly knows just how to ride fast.

But only a fool pulls wheelies in traffic - why, because you can't see where you're going, duh, and that's the first criterion of fast riding.

I'd be lying if I said I never went over the speed limit and pushed my bike to its limit; out on the highway and on empty country roads - 'cos that's the nature of the game. Going balls-out in crosstown traffic and poppin' totally unnecessary wheelies is another game altogether.

B

Yeah, just dumbasses that view themselves immortal. It's all fun and games until...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eK9CcgbJYPg

Or even worse, someone else dies. If they weren't endangering other people I really wouldn't give two schitz, they would be extinct from the genome within two generations.

*sigh*

Another Ghostrider wannabe. Search for Ghostrider on YouTube and you'll see where all these people get their inspiration.

Yeah, I've seen a few of the Ghostrider flicks. Whilst clearly a certifiable nutjob, he certainly knows just how to ride fast.

But only a fool pulls wheelies in traffic - why, because you can't see where you're going, duh, and that's the first criterion of fast riding.

I'd be lying if I said I never went over the speed limit and pushed my bike to its limit; out on the highway and on empty country roads - 'cos that's the nature of the game. Going balls-out in crosstown traffic and poppin' totally unnecessary wheelies is another game altogether.

B

Ghostrider stopped doing what he did a few years ago. He's a guy named Patrik Furstenhoff, a Subaru dealer from Stockholm, and I think he's now holding the official world record for doing the fastest wheelie. He stands up on the footpegs to see over the bars so that he can hold a wheelie for as long as he likes.

My personal opinion on riders like that is that they are definitely doing something very stupid and dangerous. However, I see people on the highway jeopardizing their lives almost every day. Just this afternoon I saw a guy almost hitting the barrier in his Toyota. He held the speedlimit allright(probably cruise control) but he was talking on the phone..... I condone people driving while on the phone, or doing other stuff that takes their mind somewhere else than actually paying attention and driving the vehicle, alot more than I condone skilled riders like Ghostrider. After all, there's maybe 10% of all bikers driving fast like Ghostrider, and there are maybe 10% bikes compared to the number of cars etc. on the road. If you get hit by a biker in your car, you're alot safer than being hit by another car. So who's the real danger?