Watching A B29 Burn To The Ground

BadAim

Fruitbat mentioned a program about some guys trying to recover a B29 from greenland earlier today, so as I'm looking through the programs for tonight I see that it's running here too. I'm not sure that I'm glad I watched it though. After watching the struggles of a small crew ferrying in 4 engines, props and a bulldozer, resurfacing all of the control surfaces installing all the props and engines and building a runway only to run out of time and see not only the project stall but the chief engineer give his life for it, I got to see them come back the next year and get her up and running only to burst into flames on the takeoff run and burn to the ground before the eyes of the entire crew. It was bloody hard to watch, and I'd not missed a moment of it. I'm going off by myself to weep for a bit, catch you guys later.

Yep, I posted about it, yesterday It was heart wrenching to see it end up as FAIL.

Since they had it out on the ice, what new parts were salvageable, sunk in the spring to the bottom of the lake. 4 rebuilt engines and Props and Wing components, were the only things left.

But in that above thread BA as we were talking last night about

, Sulky added a link on you tube about this B-29 and I see another Youtube on the
and several other interesting links, I've yet to look at.

I'm just now looking at them, I fell asleep on the couch right after the B-29 show.

I watched it as well last night. What a crying shame! The pilot was just to rough for the old girl.

That original surviving crew member in the beginning of the show must of cursed the project. He wanted them to leave it be in the first place.

Yep, I wish they would of just spent the money on dragging it out of reach of the water, and built a nice hanger over it.

Then after few years of work they could of taken it out when it was ripe for the picking,

Instead of trying so hard to get it.

But The fear of others taking claim to it and their hard work, forced them to get greedy, and reckless.

The whole time it was trying to take off I was saying your ladder is down DA

No prefilight check list or securing items was performed.

Why I wonder didn't they turn off the stupid generator once the Engines were running.

Complete waste. :thumbsd: