Snackos Zuti Mds Mission - Pack 2

I have uploaded my new set of Zuti MDS Missions into the DDz Vault. You can >> download them here <<

This new Pack includes all of the missions in my first pack with updates to fix some things as noted in the readme file. It also includes these 4 new MDS Missions:

• Palau Defense
  • Sinai Tank Battle
  • Slovakia WW1
  • Slovina Mtn Valley

Please give them a test if you like and let me know of any problems you may have.

PS: Please be very careful of the :shaunv2: when taxing on the runways in the Sinai mission! Some of the men have gotten very bored out there in the desert... :roflmao:

Snacko

• Like 1

I just updated the Mission file in the value to fix a little problem. The folder name in the download ended with '2.0', which for some reason stopped the briefing from appearing in the game. So, now it just ends with '2', and this seems to fix that problem. If you have already downloaded this mission pack just renamed the folder and remove the '.0' at the end.

Snack :thumbsu:

Just tried the Korean maps. I love pulling out of that hangar, how weird that might seem lol. Laughed out loud when I saw that sheepherd between the taxiway and runway.

Those Migs are hard targets man. Thanks Snacko!

Your Zuti missions have really gotten polished Snacko :thumbsu:

My gang just spent a couple of hours flying the Suwan airbase - love the action & the ebb and flow of the front line, et cetera.

I feel honoured that you would choose one of my coops to transform into a WW1 scenario. If you want to update it at all, may I suggest you add the I-15bis to the Central Powers list? There is a great set of skins at Mission4today, made by JG26-EZ, all sporting the Maltese cross!

Keep 'em coming mate - they are greatly appreciated.

B :applaud:

Ahh, very cool Brando. I did not know that you were the same person as 6BL-Brando! I have hosted your WWI Coop missions many times on Wed Night with BadAim. They were well built with a great battle at the front, so it was fairly easy to turn it into a Zuti MDS! Glad you approve!

Yea, those Korean Zuti missions are a blast. All the bases are fun to take off from as well. Start in Hangers at the southern/northern bases, or at Suswan the airfields just looks fantastic.

I have no plans to update them at this point. I am kind of burnt out mission building IL2 for a while I think. :thumbsu:

I took the liberty of opening the WW1 mission in FMB and making some changes! :rolleyes:

I have skinned every plane, using Donor 13's "WW1 Flying Corps - Skins bunch", which can be found under Skins Xtra @ Mision4today. Also there (at M4T) you will find EZ's CP skins for the I-15bis and Brando's WW1 skins (a collection of rip-offs that I have accumulated over the years). If you download these and put them into the corresponding folders in Paint Schemes/ Skins then you will very likely find yourself discarding the notion of icons!

While you are more likely to get bounced when icons are absent, there are a couple of reasons why you are more likely to survive. Firstly - the bad guys have to find you; and second - they have to get a killshot with very lightweight guns. That's often impossible on the first pass. Type-recognition and markings become essential in the pre-attack phase. Watching for Archie bursts signifying the presence of enemy aircraft becomes more useful. I've had to re-range my 'convergence' to 75 feet (not metres) because that's often how close I need to be to make a positive ID. It sounds hairy and nerve-wracking and I guess it is - but it's all worthwhile when you see some exotically colouredfish, with the Maltese crosses as clear as day, come swimming into your gunsights.

Going from the sublime to the ridiculous, it was a bit of a surprise last night when I hosted the Suwan AB show, to find that the icons were still Off. That was "a whole different ball-game" entirely! Even so, it's all about recognition and profiles and we did quite well. Pride of place for me came as I made a sneak, low-level pass at Seoul airfield; and found myself behind a Mig-15 accelerating up the strip. Two handily-placed HVARs eliminated the target, and evoked a strangled howl from the headphones. As I wheeled the F-84 around for a second pass, the message appeared on the screen - brando-6bl destroys Pedro - and I left the area with a trail of devastation behind me. Nobody managed to catch me; and I landed cleanly at Kunsan with a big grin on my face. No doubt I will get my arse handed to me the next time my wingy decides to go to the dark side - but it was entirely worth it. >:D

B

Sounds like you are having fun Brando. Those KTO missions are great fun. We flew the Seoul KTO mission last night as well for a while...

Did you have that missing icon from he map bug?? That bug was in Zuti 1.12, but supposedly fixed in 1.13. It happens when you host a mission with the Radar object on it (89 I think?). All missions hosted after that have no map icons. But both of my KTO missions have map icons setup to pretend they are like simulated radar. All icons are white so you cannot id exact aircraft and have to use terrain recognition with the map to navigate, which can be fun/challenging. Also it updates only every 5 seconds. Red has it on their southern AB and also with a B29 flying really high over the front. Blue has it with their AB as well. And both are limited by distance, so once an aircraft gets far enough away it disappears from radar.

I like your radar set-up for the KTO missions, Snacko, and the confusion of having no IFF available. I find it keeps everyone vigilant when they can't tell whether a plot is friend or foe. I don't think the map bug is there in 1.13, btw.

As far as the fun factor is concerned, your missions get a triple-A grade from here. B)

JP, you're right - it has been far too long since I flew out with the Dogz. I just fell back into flying late at night, too late for the regular sessions, and I lost track of events. Maybe I should look to dropping into BA's Wednesday night sessions if they are still ongoing.

Another reason is that the guys I regularly fly with are old buddies who I've known for up to 12 years, right back to the Warbirds arenas, and they know how unreliable my heath situation is and make allowances. They were all there when I went through my various operations - gave me strong support when I lost my son - and helped me back into the world afterwards - and we are a strong unit. They know my trials and tribulations and give me plenty of room when I need it - like I do for them. I know I can't get that level of support in the Dogz, and I don't expect it - so I stick with the old crowd. There's no criticism implied - I just don't feel outgoing enough to fit in.

I guess I've blubbed all over your thread Andy - sorry! JP just took me unawares there.

Here in spirit,

B

Well, we are still flying regularly on BadAim's Wednesday nights. BA and I usually show up round 7-8pm EST, and several others show up around 9pm EST. There is also several DDz who regularly fly weeknights around 9pm EST as well.