I'm surprised you Brits just didn't put the Lockerbie bomber here...

JensenPark

• 1. DDz Quorum

Flabbergasted..

When I was un-employed and getting benefits not that long ago my council wouldn't pay the full rent on my home, because we have one bedroom too many!

And I don't know how people survive on benefits here, in my experience the 'handouts' are insufficient to meet the utility bills let alone buy food or clothing!

What really worries me about that article is the comments that have been posted, is there really an as yet hidden extreme anti-Islam swell?

[off-topic]The title for this post comes very close to being insulting - us Brits have no love for that bastard either... I'll stop now.[/off-topic]

The problem universally is government bureaucracy, any government that has been established for any length of time will be strangled by it eventually, and the worst kind is the entitlement system.

I'm greatly amused that the original person that the article was written about thinks the whole situation is ridiculous as the rest of us do. That's a sentiment that a lot of people that are stuck in the "system" here in the States have; most can't get out of it no matter how hard they try, so they give up, and become slaves to the bureaucracy, servicing it's ever increasing need for validation (and taxpayer funding)

No Roger, this isn't a British problem, and I don't think JP meant to imply that, it's a western civilisation problem, and most of us are stuck in it.

As for the Muslim thing, I noticed that too. I wonder if the article is slanted that way or if the numbers just worked out that way.

Edit: I just re-read your post Rog, the only connection to Islam I see anywhere here is within the article, I believe any negative sentiment is about what I posted above, not Muslims.

• 1. DDz Quorum
the only connection to Islam I see anywhere here is within the article
What really worries me about that article is the comments that have been posted

Oops, I'll add: 'to the article in response'.

My comment on the topic was largely tongue in cheek, it was after all JP and for anyone to take offense at anything he says would be really funny (only kidding Kelly - I'm a fan!).

LOL, I thought that might be what you meant, but you know I had to run to the defense of a fellow Redneck right wing gun totin' Fascist (well OK, no guns anymore, but you know what I mean) It's just part of the 'Code'.