Sans FOV changer

BadAim

i'll throw something together tomorrow for you crash :thumbsu:

Did you like the vid at the zoo? its my first effort at making vids from the game.

Thanks muchly, seeing it in action was very interesting. Is the zoom all on 6DOF or do you have a button to center the gunsite?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2. Administrators

The zooms all through 6 dof on that vid, but i do still have a button still mapped for gunsight, because for some planes, for example the fw190, the gunsight is hard to use with 6dof, have to duck down to much in my chair to centre it.

• 2. Administrators

Hi crash,

First up, i use win vista 64, and i've heard that people with win 7 have problems with sans, but apparently the last beta version before the release candidate works better with win 7, but obviously i can't confirm....

Anway here's how i have my sans set up.

First you need the lines

[DeviceLink]

port=1711

in your conf.ini,

I have the sans settings set as thus,

ScreenHunter_01Jul011256.jpg

ScreenHunter_02Jul011257.jpg

And then use the hat switch on my x52 throttle mapped to,

Alt X=up, Alt J=down, Alt O-=right and Alt H=left.

As you can see, i set the default to 101 fov, which exactly equates to wide fov on a 4:3 display, so when it starts (sometimes it will start of its own accord, sometimes i have to manually start it), or i have to force a restart, it automatically goes to wide view. Sometimes sans throws a hissy fit, and i have to restart it to correct weird stuff, but i can do this with just a flick of the hat switch.

In a night of co-ops, i would say that generally for one mission over the course of the evening Sans will be a pain in the ass, although i have found that i can generally get it working eventually during the flight by a combination of restating it over and over again, in conjunction with using the 'delete' 'end' and 'pgdown' butttons which are the il2 default fov views

The other 3 switches on the hat are mapped to equate wide, normal and gunsight views as they would be on a 4:3 display.

NOTE,

When used in conjunction with 6 dof, when i zoom in by moving my head forward decreasing the fov, and then move my head back out, it will get stuck at normal view, hence why i have one of the hat switches set at default fov, in my case Alt H, and i quickly flick that switch to go back to wide fov as i move out, you can see this in the vid i posted if you look carefully.

I have the other 2 views mapped to keys, ie 'normal' which is 80 fov, and gunsight which is 55, so for the planes where 6dof and the gunsights dont work so well such as the fw190, i can just use the traditional gunsight button, and then use my hat switch on my throttle to zoom to the correct fov, that i desire.

Heres a vid of sans and 6dof being used in conjunction for those that missed it over at the zoo,

Hope this helps crash, if you have probs just post back here :thumbsu:

• 2 weeks later...

Just to add a different way of doing the same thing. I dispensed with the TIR zoom altogether, as it's never worked right in IL2. When I'm using San's I assign the zoom function within San's it's self to the slider on my x-52, and zoom is shut off altogether in TIR. This works perfectly smoothly for me (in win7 no less). The only problem I still have is the connection dropping out sometimes, which can usually be fixed by mashing the start key a few times. Good flying!

• 2 months later...

San`s wont run now as my anti virus (Antivira) reports DT/dropper found. I have run spybot and adaware and they didnt find it. Sould I change back to AVG?

Re downloaded and installed :) seems OK :)

Edited by Crash