Road Trip - Alexandria

Tribunus

Great stuff indeed Tribunus. My 7 year old son, Jack, is for some reason, a huge fan of Ancient Egypt. He went with his Oma (Grandma) this summer to Egypt on holiday and loved it.

I bet if he met you, the pair of you would talk for hours over the subject. He's got loads of books on Egypt and he surprised me with how many names of the pyramids/temples/ruins he knew.

I would love to visit one day, but I was so worried when my son went with his grandma to Egypt. Wasn't it earlier this year that some French tourist was killed when some whack-job threw a grenade into a market?

:(

I would love to visit one day, but I was so worried when my son went with his grandma to Egypt. Wasn't it earlier this year that some French tourist was killed when some whack-job threw a grenade into a market?

That attack was in February at the Khan el-Khalili Souk (Out door bazaar) in old Islamic Cairo.

Wonderful pictures Tribunus, very inspiring. Ancient civilisations is a bit of a hobby of mine. Very interesting. Too bad humanity lost the great library. Must be very fun walking around these locations. Always wanted to go to Rome and have a look at the pantheon.

A beach without women in bikinis? How horrid.

Heh heh, Hef still has my application.....seriously. I sent that in yrs ago mainly to give my friends more ammo for proclaiming my insanity to each other in converstation. I'm still waiting, but don't be surprised if you see me on a future episode of "The Girls Next Door".

But it will probably be as another old guy that's too old to do anything about his surroundings though.

I'll take what I can get.