Re: Halifax Bomber Restoration

Blairgowrie

~S~ and thanks, BG and JP!

Great pics and info.

Brought back lots of memories of being at CFB Trenton in the late '60's for Air Cadet summer camp---strange that we weren't shown those displays and a shame that they aren't stored inside.

Also re the Lanc---when I took my Commercial Pilot course at Hamilton airport (still on Unicom, no tower then!) and worked for the flying school, it was just a bunch of unrelated pieces on the hangar floor, you couldn't tell what it was. I remember thinking to myself at the time, "That's going to take a while." Great to see it flying both last summer and this past at "Friendly Foes over Niagara", Russell Aviation's yearly airshow near Ft. Erie.

Looks like Halifax NA 337 has come a long way since your visit:

http://airforcemuseum.ca/aircraft/halifax-handley-page-mark-vii.html

Cheers, m8's!

Strider

This is a great post, put up just a wee bit before I started inflicting myself on you guys, uh, I mean, hanging out here.

I think the four engine job is an Argus..... I think. I like the F-5A as well. Lots of neat stuff there. Some really great material there.

I wonder if JP got his call sign from his kids, or did he name the kids after the call sign?