Flying Legends 2010

Friar

• 1. DDz Quorum

I phoned the Red Lion this evening to see when they are taking bookings.

I have been informed that I should call back on the 2nd of January as they have been given permission to go ahead with the building of a 70 bedroom hotel in conjuction with Holiday Inn Express.

The building, for those that know the layout, will go along where the old Citrons were kept, in the sort of stable block, and back on to the railway line.

They are hoping that by January they will have an idea of how the works are progressing and so therfore be able to make a decision about taking bookings as the Red Lion will be refurbished at around the same time. (Lets hope it does not loose its character)

If I find anything else out as we go I will of course post back here.

Friar, aka Con-Tours

• 2. Administrators

No, but they won't take bookings before then. I've already tried and apart from saying "oh no, not you lot of drunken idiots again", they won't take bookings from anyone until the New Year. Given that the RL is a seriously listed building, I suspect any changes to the fabric of the place would have to be sympathetic.

Jabo