My attempt at humor didn’t work out too well. Did it?

Tribunus

No need to apologize, not that I see anyway.

I was about to make a long post on that thread, but then sat back and thought....nah....not worth the energy.

The world we live in, has as many opinions as there are people, some more stupid then others.

One needs to be clever enough and decide for himself whats good and whats bad.

I wish people worldwide would start to live up to the words; "the world is what we make of it"....

Actually Tribunus, I think you have made more progress than you think. You, DT and others have been able to sway me over to that the view that the 2nd Amendment is good for America. Not sure I buy into some of the arguments re giving the populace the ability to take on the Government or that guns don't kill people, people do. If the people want guns then that is sufficient reason. I would just rather not see them in my country.

I learned a couple of years ago on these very same boards that it is best not to take gun control and social medicine too seriously. No point in losing good friends over an issue that neither one of us can really change individually.

:bg: 

i also do not see the reason for you to apologize. i like good conversations and debates. i think that some of you did not understand me very well. I'm the first one that will say "live and let live". i really do not want to criticize your way of life. i was just commenting and giving my opinion about the subject. i do have a right to make a comment do i?

:shutup:

Funny though, a lot of the most vehemently opposed are the same ones with their military at the airport with MP5's and the like.

Huh? No... leave it be GK... you can fight the urge... don't let it...

Yeah, lets just put this issue to bed. Let's all shake hands, slap each other on the back, wave farewell and walk away. Then turn to your like-minded fellows and, whilst hooking a thumb towards the other lot, whisper, "Bunch of freak-a-zoids them other lot!"

;)

I didn't think it would take long to get out of hand but it was fun while it lasted.

You have to wonder though how oppressed the founding fathers must have felt to write that into the very core of the government.

No doubt they all came from places oppressed by tyranny.

Funny though, a lot of the most vehemently opposed are the same ones with their military at the airport with MP5's and the like.

The only one I ever saw in person was at NASA of all places. Everyone else was oblivious but I was very aware of a guy walking across the food court with an MP5 tucked under his coat.

I just saw a neat commercial for the new Trojan 'Ecstasy' condom....."feels just as good to her as it does to him".

Im gonna get some of those and try them out with my girl friend......as soon as she gets through using this keyboard and mouse thingy.

:tosser:

This is a perfect example of where I went wrong with my feeble attempt at humor.