Frame rate issues

Zooly

there is nothing wrong with frame rate 20-30. if this is an average. especially on the black death. it is not great but it's flyable. for a long time i was flying with 13 - 19 FPS.

edit:

all tho with your spec's should be running faster.

well, this post wasn't helpful at all, isn't it?

The vid card will mostly determine the quality of the frames rendered, not so much the framerate.

I just changed my card from an 8800GT to a BFG 260 and it made no difference in framerate, not that I expected it to.

While a CPU running at 2.2 is a tad slow it should still give you better than 20 fps.

The game probably won't use more than a single core.

Win 7 probably uses more CPU than another OS.

There is a program from AMD to shunt all processes to one core while leaving another to only run the game.

The main problem here is the CPU. The 9500 doesn't easily overclock beyond 2.4GHz and , as the Perfesser says, Win 7 has a lot of background processes running and the game only uses one core. So the graphics performance is CPU-bound. A faster quad-core would give better results.

There are some adjustments that could be done in conf.ini.

[rts]

ProcessAffinityMask=15

Where did that come from? You can select a specific core to run the game on using this line - but the selection is limited to ProcessAffinityMask=0 or =1, =2, =3. I'm not sure what effect, if any, =15 would have? If you want to try balancing it across all cores replace the semi-colon at the beginning of the line - ;ProcessAffinityMask=0

At the moment I am using the =1 setting. I'll replace the ; later and see if it alters results.

Secondly, I would consider switching Water=4 for a less demanding setting such as Water=2. I don't run nVidia, so I can't tell you how to set up the card, but I've seen a few reports of people struggling with the =4 setting

@Perfesser

There is a program from AMD to shunt all processes to one core while leaving another to only run the game

Do you have a link to that, P?

B :dog:

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/7311098946?r=9901000156#9901000156

in here it mentions that ProcessAffinityMask=15 allows Il2 to use all available cores.

My processor is clocked at 2.7ghz with no heat penalty and is stable, any more and instability rears its ugle head.