Duxford pics

delta7

Here are some photos from duxford- to save bandwidth Ill only post 2 here with links to photobucket for others - hope you enjoy these

[Edit]

Me and tiger moth

tmothme.jpg

city of Winnipeg being restored

cityofwinnipeg.jpg

th_tbolt2.jpg

th_tbolt.jpg

me in front of Spitfire

th_spitme.jpg

th_spit4.jpg

th_spit2.jpg

th_spit1.jpg

Sobering list of 8th airforce USAAF aircrew lost flying from UK

th_rollofhonourusaaf.jpg

th_mustang2.jpg

th_mustang.jpg

Spot the small son getting thumbs up

th_hurrison.jpg

th_gladiator.jpg

th_fortress.jpg

th_bearcat.jpg

:!: Great shots. What's the story on the Spit in French markings? Is it a Mk9 in post war

livery?

And what models are the Griffin engine spits? I cant keep up with them after the

mk14.

And that is a great shot of the kid and the Hurri. He's gonna want copies of that

when he's older. Priceless shot.

God I'd love to go there someday.

• 1. DDz Quorum

:salute: Great photos, thanks. I'd like to look at the 8th AAF list, I had an uncle who was an Engineer/Top Gunner on a B-17. He went down over France when two planes collided. I did some research and came across a gentleman from Upper Norwood (London area I think) he gave me loads of info on the plane. He also had a Chronicle from a crew member on the other plane that describes the collision. A fact that astounds me is, on the mission to bomb Chemnitz, Germany there were

1,383 bombers and 904 fighters on the mission.(06Feb44)

They were stationed at Eye, England, near Diss, which is close to Norwich.

If anyone would like to read the chronicle, let me know and I'll figure out, with help, how to get a copy posted or sent.

Rambling, Pooka

• 1. DDz Quorum
:salute: Great photos, thanks. I'd like to look at the 8th AAF list, I had an uncle who was an Engineer/Top Gunner on a B-17. He went down over France when two planes collided. I did some research and came across a gentleman from Upper Norwood (London area I think) he gave me loads of info on the plane. He also had a Chronicle from a crew member on the other plane that describes the collision. A fact that astounds me is, on the mission to bomb Chemnitz, Germany there were

1,383 bombers and 904 fighters on the mission.(06Feb44)

They were stationed at Eye, England, near Diss, which is close to Norwich.

If anyone would like to read the chronicle, let me know and I'll figure out, with help, how to get a copy posted or sent.

Rambling, Pooka

Sounds like a must do Pooka, you have a scanner?

Nice pics Dave, don't worry about bandwidth go ahead and embed those pics (I can do it for you if you want).

If your Photobucket account has a bandwidth restriction let me know and I'll put them on mine which is unlimited.

@Enforcer - sorry mate dont know about the spits, like you Im very rusty about the marks and variations. The one in french markings was in the restoration hanger so didnt have a plaque with details.

@Rog - thanks mate could you sort this out

• 1. DDz Quorum

@Rog - thanks mate could you sort this out

Done!

The roll of honour was very sobering, here are my pics from last year of it, there were a total of eight plaques and you can see just how many names are on one alone :(:

th_Img_0443.jpg

th_Img_0442.jpg

th_Img_0441.jpg