Anybody else...

Sweper

...who used to build plastic models like these:

RV4164.jpg&w=300&h=218

I did, many. Most of them were scale 1:72, but some scale 1:32 but they were much more expensive. I think I had almost every ww2 fighter and some light bombers as well. Revell was number #1! Most detailed and the plastic parts always fitted together.

For painting the number #1 was Humbrol. The smallest tin cans and they werent cheap. It took maby a day to complete an aircraft, with gluing and painting all the details and put on the decals.

When I grew older(?) and got tired of all the planes collecting dustbunnies in the wardrobe, a hang them up in a tree and used them as target practice with my airgun. Put some on fire so it looked more realistic.

A couple of years ago I found a "Lindberg Line" kit of a ME-262 in a box in the basement. The box have not been opened yet.

I did when I was kid, but haven't since.

I used to hang them form the ceiling with fishing line, and put electric motors in them so they would fly around suspended.

I had a B-17 with all four running too.

When I first started building Airfix kits - Spits, 109s, Stukas - right on up to Wellingtons and Lancs, the basic fighter kit cost two shillings (2/-) in pre-decimal coinage. Which equated to 10 planes for a pound (20/-) Paints were 1 shilling a pot, and the kits contained an ampoule of polystyrene glue back then. So you could make a whole squadron for just over a £1 ;)

Later, when 'bangers' were still only a penny we would perform a little surgery and fit a banger in the fuselage with the fuse protruding. Then I'd run them down a piece of fishing-line from my bedroom window with the fuse lit and watch them explode in mid-air, fantastic. I guess I was a sucker for IL2 even back then

• 1. DDz Quorum
Later, when 'bangers' were still only a penny we would perform a little surgery and fit a banger in the fuselage with the fuse protruding. Then I'd run them down a piece of fishing-line from my bedroom window with the fuse lit and watch them explode in mid-air, fantastic. I guess I was a sucker for IL2 even back then

Hey, I did that exact same thing with a Hurricane, 1/24th scale! Brilliant!

I've built so many models in my teenage years... got rid of them all... 15 years back I started building 'm once more... again many many models... many scales..

Got rid of 'm once again, not all tough:

1/24th Hurricane built, but falling apart again... :rolleyes:

1/32nd Boeing P12E (Yellow wings... cool stuff)

Hurricane.jpg

Still in box: 1/24th Stuka, 1/24th 190A/1, 1/24th 109E, 1/24thP51D (all Airfix models)

Patiently waiting for this: 1/24TH Mossie