Separate engine start

Sweper

When flying a multi engine aeroplane, is there an easier way to start the engines? Now I have to select engine #1- start it up - deselect engine #1 - select engine #2 - start it up - select engine #1 - trottle up and take off. For a newbie like me,  it is kind of moment of stress keep in mind which engine are selected or not. It is very easy to turn one of the engines off pushing the wrong key. I wount think of the day I try with 4 engines...

Only if you have a stick that you can make a macro to do that for you. Otherwise its a PIA, or you can use VAC voice activated commands and set it up to do things like that.

I have My X-45 throttle set up in a way that is an advantage to say the least for multy engine.

My secret though Muhahahaa

I don't know about the DESELECT ENGINE button Sweper.

I just have the four engines mapped to SHIFT + KP1, SHIFT + KP2, SHIFT + KP3 and SHIFT + KP4. Then have SHIFT+# as SELECT ALL ENGINES.

So I can started up pretty quick...

SHIFT + KP1

I

SHIFT + KP2

I

SHIFT + #

And throttle up and away you go.

Ok that make sense. For some reason I had the "Select/Unselect" set to start my engines. That forced me to unselect one of the engines before started up the other, if not, the first one stopped!

Thanks mates. I learn something new every day

Ok a hint.

un-select if included into a macro allows you to use one throttle simultaneously, to simulate have two quadrants.

I've only posted this once before, like 6 years ago or so. And it doesn't relfect what I do now, 100% since adding the Micro soft FFB stick into the mix, but the rudder rocker is still set that way. The only reason I have kept the X-45 and not upgraded to a different throttle.

x-45_page_2.jpg