A BRAND NEWLY built FW190A flying!

Trout

This is a great video. I guess the pilot was so excited that he forgot about his gears but I would have probably did the same :)

Most initial test flights of aircraft are done with the gear down, Mad Trooper, just in case of an emergency. They will most often do high speed taxi trials before takeoffs as well.

I remember reading about this company at least 6 or 7 years ago and think I remember them at that time talking about doing a 109 G model as well.

Does the 190 use a radial BMW engine too?

My dream if I was filthy stinking, dirty rotten

• 2. Administrators

I remember reading about this company at least 6 or 7 years ago and think I remember them at that time talking about doing a 109 G model as well.

Does the 190 use a radial BMW engine too?

The short-nose 'A' variants use BMW 801 radials. the long-nose 'D' variants use Junkers Jumo in-line engines

Sadly the beauty below basking in unseasonal July sunshine at Duxford back in 2007 arrived in a crate, and has yet to fly - at all.

IMG_1293.jpg

~S~ Jabo

• 7 months later...
  • 2. Administrators

I may have mixed up the tenses here, english not being my first language and all. The original FW190 used the BMW and Junkers engines (I don't think they've built the 801 for a while lol.) The FlugWerk examples appear to be using the Ash-82 according to their website (the Ash-82 is a development of the M-25 (a licence-built Soviet version of the Wright Cyclone)) This engine powered the LA-5 and LA-7 during the war, but there's no indication of production continuing to the present day. Soooo, these are either refurbished engines, or I'm wrong. Hopefully the latter - I'd hate to pick up my shiny new 190 and find the engine had been languishing in a Riussian field for the last 50 years.

Jabo