vista64 problem

mctav

• 1. DDz Quorum

Like BG said ;)

Also advise him to not install it in program files folder, instead install in, say, C:\IL2 - this helps with file permission issues.

He also needs to make sure Vista's UAC is turned off too..

I run it fine under Vista64 now, barely (if any) difference to XP64 too :)

• 1 month later...

Like BG said ;)

Also advise him to not install it in program files folder, instead install in, say, C:\IL2 - this helps with file permission issues.

I run it fine under Vista64 now, barely (if any) difference to XP64 too :)

X2. I am running IL-2 and all my games in XP64 and no problems with install or running.

Forgive me for completely disagreeing here, but no you DON'T have to turn off UAC under Vista as I use Vista64 just fine with it on for all programs I run. (Saitek drivers, Hyperlobby, IL-2, COD, EQ2, LOTRO, etc...) And no I don't get UAC prompts all the time due to following the below rule.

I agree with not installing under C:\Program Files as that is considered a protected area under Vista and any program that is not written for Vista should not be installed there. C:\My Program Files would be a good place if they only have one drive. This one thing is 99% of peoples problems with running games under Vista.