Re: anti spyware

Fireman

well it doesnt look good....

I can access the external HDD with my duaghters PC

I can access avg website with hers too as well as auto update the AVG software.....

So there is either still something hidden in my PC (not allowing my access to avg updates/website....and not allowing my access to system resore functions and not allowing my to plug in my USB external HDD with out getting that goofy secrecy error)

OR

I've got some serious corruption done to my PC due to all this scanning/deleting/viruses/etc that I've dealt with today....

Might be time for a "Quazi"....never had to do one.......

Gonna back up any photos/downloaded files I want to keep to that external HDD.....may take a while since I'm having to do it over my home network connection.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yep back up what ya can, and reformat, and reload. If you can afford it go get a ghosting software Like what Norton has once its a clean install, you can back it up on your external, or on disc, and in a half hour if its not a hardware problem you can have a fresh install any time you want.

You sound and the machine Quazi is working on sound just like mine,

I was able to get my windows disc to load though and delete, and reformat both of my partions. I then loaded windows in normally, and checked my User's and have access to it now too. So I just loaded Norton Ghost and am in the process of loading my Working OS.

Today after trying to ghost it back it got ahold of my Gaming OS too, I was able to stop play, and make my date with SID, but that was it. Nothing else worked properly.

Luckily I keep my Game on a seprated drive.

I don't know what we got ahold of, but I bet it came from here, or some where very close to our pass time, and the pages we all frequent.

So Fireman, my sugestion is if you have an old drive laying around install, un plug the one you are using then install the old one, and load windows. Once in and you have control, slave your screwed up drive, and reformat it, via drive manager in windows.

Then put it back in normaly and load windows again, or leave it slaved, and partion it and put your MYDocuments on a partiona and your game installs on another, and use your old drive for your OS.

One step further would be partion so you can have a dual boot, alot of times it can save your kneck, still having access to your machine when one of the OS goes bad.

I'll post again once I'm ghosted and it works/or not I'll let ya know. 

While your at it look in In C:drive My Computer and see if there is an empty folder in there named

y

I had it in both OS installs. I tried deleting it but it made no difference.

But It doesn't belong, and it may be a clue to what got us.

I was an idiot too once, what I know I learned googling, and school of hard nocks.

You can too.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Huge apology to anyone who has this damn mess going on.

I have to assume it has come from the map I posted for the SEOW with AAA positions put in for practice flights.

I made the map and then had to upload it so picked a free file hoster,

M8. Do yourself a favour!

Use our free file hosting:

http://www.dangerdogz.com/K9Vault

It's what it is there for and we have over 100Gb of space :)

• 1. DDz Quorum

And if I try loading my Saitek X52 software. (more specifically the profile editor, my pc automatically re-boots everytime)

cant find my profiles either (.pr0 usually are found in the saitek directory are they not?)

ideas???

I'm at work at the moment Andrew so can't look for the folder but my X52 profiles are not in the Saitek directory folder, the programme saved them into another folder somewhere else so don't assume they've gone. I will get back asap later today with the location unless someone gets there first.

• 1. DDz Quorum

While your at it look in In C:drive My Computer and see if there is an empty folder in there named

y

I had it in both OS installs. I tried deleting it but it made no difference.

But It doesn't belong, and it may be a clue to what got us.

I've got that 'y' folder - can't check which drive it's on at the moment but it appeared , IIRC, after I put the 352nd update on. The one on mine is empty too.

Huge apology to anyone who has this damn mess going on.

I have to assume it has come from the map I posted for the SEOW with AAA positions put in for practice flights.

I made the map and then had to upload it so picked a free file hoster,

M8. Do yourself a favour!

Use our free file hosting:

http://www.dangerdogz.com/K9Vault

It's what it is there for and we have over 100Gb of space :)

I assume then that that is where I got wacked..........

Things went from bad to worse yesterday.............

It finally wouldnt even boot into windows for me..........had to do a windows re-install/format quazi thingy.

Had most games and files including photos in D: drive, but windows and any files on c: are kaput.....

Including my e-mails and folders (all gone......)

do not have norton ghost, and the last backup of anything on my C: drive including the windows directory was in the springtime

so with the next install I think it is gone gone......the history of sent/received emails is gonna hurt, especially if I need to refer to them for something (passwords/confirmations/etc)

On a side note......since this re-install I dont seem to have the same functionality on this site