• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

from this thread......

http://www.dangerdogz.com/forums/index. ... 939.0.html

could have just been fluke timing, but I had just tried looking at the first link....got whacked by a bunch of pop-ups......it tried installing something with what looked like a window CD installer, which I had to hit cancel a bunch of times to stop and then....whammo....reboot

• 1. DDz Quorum

I've moved the thread for now, until I can test it in a virtual machine.

Andrew:

Follow the instructions after this bit:

'Automated Removal Instructions for XP Antispyware 2009 using Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware:'

I got wacked yesterday, and am still trying to fix my machine, I managed four trojans, so I decided instead of fixing them I'd ust restore, Well Windows restor errors out, I got no IE, and even My Norton Ghost disk won't load it back up, on my Front partion and Work OS.

I can get my Gaming OS up and going, its fixed, but my working OS with photshop/ amd several other apps just won't load.

After ghosting my Game drive to both partions, I'm finding that even trying to update to service pac 3 is a chore, I'm thinking someone has really sent out a good one this time attacking Unlce Bill.

My control panel erros out on users, and Norton wont' even install, it errors out to. It like what ever has goten ahold of it has taken control of all the User functions, short the basic ones.

My Print server, a Window 2000 machine is un affected, Posting with it here.

[attach=#]

267_250863e3a2169f20d198bb92d60fb613

I had loads of problems with norton and I found that it was to much of a system hog, I tried a couple of other programs but eventually just settled for AVG, it seems allot lighter on resources and has kept me ok for now and theres lots of room for enabling /disabling the features that you might not want.

it is worth checking out Techspot, often you can find you're answers without posting, it can be a hell of a read but worth it i think.

I am using:

RegCure

AVG anti-virus

Adaware (with Adwatch)

Anti-malware (Now, thanks to shadow)

A LinkSYS Router for my firewall....windows firewall is disabled

Was using spybot but seems to be not working well with AVG so I got rid of it.

I dont want too many things running or my PC will slow down..

BTW, thanks Shadow....that fracking piece O' Crap XP Virus is gone........

Im wondering...did it get past my antivirus or adaware....or do neither of those pick it up?

Well it seems ALL is still not well.

After a re-boot IE is still highjacked to google.ca

And if I try loading my Saitek X52 software. (more specifically the profile editor, my pc automatically re-boots everytime)

cant find my profiles either (.pr0 usually are found in the saitek directory are they not?)

ideas???

Ive ran AVG and the antimalware and found nothing left over.

• 1. DDz Quorum

I got wacked yesterday, and am still trying to fix my machine, I managed four trojans, so I decided instead of fixing them I'd ust restore, Well Windows restor errors out, I got no IE, and even My Norton Ghost disk won't load it back up, on my Front partion and Work OS.

Ouch, I use Ghost and it's pretty good but...

unfortunately there is a but.

I have yet to do a full restore with the last two versions, but then I didn't use the recovery bootable CD.

This is an excellent program, trialware for 30 days but you can restore an image indefinitely. Also if you were so minded you can uninstall and re-install for the clock to start another 30 days!

http://www.drivesnapshot.de/en/

• 1. DDz Quorum

Well it seems ALL is still not well.

After a re-boot IE is still highjacked to google.ca

And if I try loading my Saitek X52 software. (more specifically the profile editor, my pc automatically re-boots everytime)

cant find my profiles either (.pr0 usually are found in the saitek directory are they not?)

ideas???

Ive ran AVG and the antimalware and found nothing left over.

I would follow the steps here now:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html

Hopefully you won't need to go the whole hog and post a 'HijackThis' log.

• 1. DDz Quorum
Hi and welcome to the Bleeping Computer forums. If you are reading this article, chances are that you are looking for a solution to a possible malware attack. Please follow these steps in order to clean your computer as best as we can before you post your HijackThis log.

step1.gif - Create a free account

In order to submit a HJT log you will need to be a logged into the forums with a registered account. Registering is free and is required for security reasons and so that we can distinguish one user from another. To register an account simply click on the following link:

Create a free account

After you click on this link you will be brought to a page asking you to fill in some information in order to create your free account. Please enter a user name, which will be your nickname on this site, a password, and a valid email account that you check regularly. It is important that you enter a valid email address as this address will be used to send you notifications when someone replies to a topic you have created. You can then optionally enter the other information that is requested. Finally, when all required fields are filled in, enter the security code found in the image and press the Submit my registration button. Once this process has been completed, you will now be able to post in all the forums at Bleeping Computer.

step2.gif - Enable topic reply notification by default.

In order to get notified when your topic has a reply you need to enable notifications. To enable notifications you should do the following:

1. Click on the My Controls link at the top of the page to enter your control panel.

2. Scroll down to the Options category and click on the Email Settings link.

3. Put a checkmark in the checkbox labeled Enable 'Email Notification' by default?.

4. Set the If ticked, choose default type: menu option to Immediate Email Notification to have an email sent immediately when someone replies or choose Delayed Email Notification if you would like emails only sent when you are not active on the site. I would advise you choose the Immediate notification method.

step3.gif - Clean out your temporary internet files and temp files.

Go to "Start" -> "Run" and type in the box: "cleanmgr". Let it scan your system for files to remove. Make sure these 3 are checked and then press "Ok" to remove:

and more..........

I just tried to plug inmy external 350gig HDD to back up some photos to it and I get the following error when I click on my "F:" drive

F:\ Is not accessible

The maximum number of secrets that may be stored in a single system has been exceeded

gggeeeesh...I cant even access the AVG website....or use the update feature of avg to update the software

even whe I try to run the AVG software to scan my system I get one of those ".exe errors"......you know, the send or dont send to MS kind.

and cant install spybot S&D.....neither