met a p47 pilot...oh, and the Prime Minister

JensenPark

Awesome, can't wait to hear some of his experiances...

I was just talking with a co-worker a few weeks ago and turns out he knows a Whitley pilot that is working with his group and is going to see if we can setup a time to take him out to dinner and get some war stories.

btw, the Whitley is I think the first stress skinned bomber Britain had, and is the one that looks like its diving when flying straigth and level

• 2. Administrators

I wonder if he meant a Spitfire or Tempest/Typhoon - the Mossie is 2000 kg heavier than a P-47...

Not so sure about this m8, AFAIK the unladen weight for the tbolt was 9000kg and the mossie was 6800kg

It's always nice to meet the old guys though. I've always made time to talk to them, and the one thing that nearly all of them say is that you can forget the medals and the rest of that stuff, they just want people to remember them for what they did and why. Amen to that...

~S~ Jabo

Oh cool. I love those stories, used to meet quite a few of them back in the 80s and 90s when I'd go all over the place to airshows. By the time I can do that again they won't be here I guess.

I guess I need to keep up with Canadian politics again, as I kinda lost interest when that Trudeau fella (spelling?) had me wondering what was in the drinking water. I nearly gave up hope for you guys when they did away with the individual services and did that combined "armed forces" deal, which was not highly thought of by an F-101B crew I met in the early 80s.