oleg update - includes BOB and korea !!!!!!!!!

delta7

• 2. Administrators

Indeed, shame the beau and the sunderland are going to be AI only though.

That F-82's a mad bird...ISTR there's a potentially airworthy one in a hangar somewhere in the States - now that's something I'd pay to see. I've got a picture somewhere...

Jabo

Indeed, shame the beau and the sunderland are going to be AI only though.

That F-82's a mad bird...ISTR there's a potentially airworthy one in a hangar somewhere in the States - now that's something I'd pay to see. I've got a picture somewhere...

Jabo

IIRC, that bird is here in Tulsa, and the CAF is working to get it airworthy.

• 2. Administrators

IIRC, that bird is here in Tulsa, and the CAF is working to get it airworthy.

That's the bunny...Done a bit more digging. Apparently the CAF's example is the second one they've had, the first was bent in a gear-up landing several years ago, and although it was rebuilt, the CAF were unable to find the appropriate engine (one runs backwards and has a reverse handed prop!), and therefore the restoration was never completed (I've not been able to find out where this plane is now - hopefully in a museum somewhere). The CAF then obtained another airframe and restoration is currently underway.

Here's a pic of the first example (The difference in the pitch of the prop blades is evident);

TwinMustang1.jpg

Jabo