You, XP and SP3

BBloke

At the moment IE8 is just a beta and more for a web developer than mainstream usage.

I downloaded it and installed it on one of my VM installs and it looks like IE7 with an option to emulate it.

UPDATE --*WARNING*

I have just discovered that I have lost all access to my second hard drive - may be coincidental but happened since installing the SP3 update

Im trying to see if there is any info on this or solutions and will keep this updated

• 1. DDz Quorum

Now...I installed sp3 via Windows manual update 2 days ago smoothly with no hitches and have noticed the following:

I have an icon for an 'A' floppy drive now - didn't have one before

I don't get the date displayed now when I cover the time in the taskbar with the pointer 'arrow'

Some DVDs now stutter - may try an Nvidia driver reinstall

Using FRAPS, vsync off and the Black Death, sp2 was Min 21, Max 103, Avg 58. sp3 is Min 22, Max 171, Avg 69. I haven't altered anything else.

Mixed feelings with this, but generally fine.

• 2. Administrators

I did the same - complete trash and rebuild (from ghost image with SP2). Everything seems OK - except the fact that I obviously can't be trusted to reinstall the key mappings on IL2 before I go flying with you chaps.

• 2. Administrators

That's a much better idea. Up here for thinking, down there for...yeah, anyway, here's a link to the full SP3 ISO image

Jabo

Incidentally, it's probably best to grab this (if you want it) sooner rather than later - ISTR M$ removing the full SP2 a month or so after release - you could only then get it via Auto Update (urgh)