It works for me...

Sid

• 1. DDz Quorum

Not liking a swivel chair whilst flying and not wanting to buy a new one, I was looking for a way to sit comfortably and use the pedals securely ie stop them moving about on the carpet. I tried sticking things to the pedals' base using double-sided sticky tape (I watched Blue Peter) and it worked, but it started to get messy and the non-slip stuff went into small rolls and became uneven.

So, having already adopted a dining room chair with parachute/cushion I looked for a way to attach the pedals to the chair. After a bit of measuring and buying some offcuts from B&Q for £1, I came up with this....

Picture002.jpg

After using it for a couple of weeks it was time for some refinement

Picture006.jpg

Picture007-1.jpg

And in place

Picture008-1.jpg

Nice and secure, no movement whatsoever

it looks as though there are sticks of dynamite under the chair.....first generation ejection seat perhaps???!!

Thats the Buttkicker :o It can get a bit noisey when the engine starts up. :) Sigh it hasnt made my flying any better but it was fun to work out what I needed to do and how to do it. My favorite bit is the detatchable joystick mounting on some draw runners :)